Vector is a news and analysis show focusing on the biggest stories, hottest trends, and most important issues in technology and popular culture. On this week's show, we talk about Ferguson, Missouri, and the difference in coverage between traditional media and social networks and live streams, the lack of diversity in tech, the tension between expansion and maintenance of corporate culture, and the concerns over native advertising. With Guy English, Georgia Dow, Rene Ritchie, and special guest Serenity Caldwell.
Thing 1: Ferguson
- The Night Social Media Exploded Over Ferguson
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Ferguson, MO and Police Militarization (HBO)
Thing 2: Diversity
Thing 3: Retention
Thing 4: Native advertising
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: Native Advertising
- Bezos-owned Washington Post now inserting gross Amazon affiliate links into news articles
Thing 5: Groot
- Funko POP Marvel: Guardians of The Galaxy - Groot Vinyl Bobble-Head Figure
- Film Crit Hulk Smash: GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY AND THE ART OF CONSTRUCTING JOKES
- Serenity Caldwell of Macworld
- Georgia Dow of ZEN & TECH
- Guy English of Kickingbear
- Rene Ritchie of Mobile Nations
Question, comment, recommendation, or something you want us to follow up on for the next show?
- Email email@example.com or leave a comment below.