App in the Air, one of our favorite airport companion apps, has hit version 5.0, making it easier to check your flight information and connect with your fellow travelers. App in the Air has also added in-airport navigation, helping make sure you get to your flight on time.
The marquee feature of App in the Air 5.0 is the travel feed, which allows you to check all of your primary flight details with a single tap. Recent changes appear at the top, with things like checklists, flight paths, and more following below.
The app also adds new social features to connect you with others on your flight. Check out the list below for all of the changes in App in the Air 5.0:
- Travel feed. Access important information about flight in one click.
- Nearby. Communicate with those who fly either the same flight or depart from the same airport as you do. (opt-in functionality)
- Hotspot. Now you can share Internet (even Wi-Fi) with App in the Air community and your other devices!
- Crowdsource. Information that App in the Air community reported on airport wait times and airline's quality is now available.
- In-airport navigation. We'd like to say thanks to LocusLabs for their in-airport navigation maps with you can find in our app now. Currently for: Dallas (DFW), New York (JFK), Chicago (ORD), Seattle (SEA), Philadelphia (PHL), Los Angeles (LAX) and Miami (MIA). This is in beta now, so please let us know what you think.
From now until July 31, all in-app purchases for the app will be 50% off. You can download App in the Air 5.0 from the App Store right now.
- Free - Download Now