Voici les apps et jeux français!
Apple Canada has created a dedicated home on the App Store for apps en français (in French). It'll feature collections of apps and games intended for Canada's francaphone market, and it's already off to a damn good start with this week's features:
- Apps créées au Québec (apps made in Quebec)
- Préparez la rentrée (back to school).
- De nouveaux lieux à explorer (new places to explore).
- Apps et jeux pour la longue fin de semaine (apps and games for the long, Labor-day weekend).
- Jeux créés à Montréal (games created in Montreal).
Here, Quebecers will find all their local apps, and Canadians will find all their French-language apps, including Illico (Quebec cable TV), ALDO, Aeroplan, La Presse, YP Yellow Pages Canada, St. Hubert (our delicious rotisserie chicken empire), Radio Canada, and many more.
If you want to try something new, and are looking for some recs, Apple also has you covered:
- Saber's Edge: Part puzzler, part RPG, all Quebec-made.
- Deux Ex: It was made by Square Enix Montréal, yo!
- Réseau Contact Popular Quebec: For those who want to date Quebecers.
- Montréal en Histoires: An augmented reality (AR) excursion into Old Montreal.
I love that Apple's done this. It helps highlight the rich diversity not only of other countries outside the U.S., but of specific cultures and regions within those countries.
You can find all of this and more on the new apps et jeux hub on the App Store.