I'm sitting here at the airport waiting for my flight (or the first leg of my flight rather, grrrr!) to San Francisco for WWDC 2010 and catching up on the latest, greatest, coolest, and craziest rumors to hit the web -- namely Safari 5, a new version of Xcode, and more.
- Safari Reader (does that remove Google ads for that "calmer experience", I wonder?)
- Bing as a search option. (Enemy's enemy, indeed!)
- Dozens of new HTML5 features including Geo Location, full screen video, captioned video, section elements, AJAX history, EventSource, WebSocket, draggable elements, and more. (Begun these Flash wars have).
- Improved developer tools.
- Smarter address field
- Improved tabs settings
- Hardware acceleration for Windows
- Easier Top Sites/Full history switching,
- Private browsing (aka porn mode) icon for easier on/off
- DNS pre-fetching and improved page caching
- XXS auditor
- Faster running JSON (for better web apps).
MacRumors meanwhile hears Xcode 4 might get shown off as a "major update".
Less rumor and more wishful, if awesome, thinking, Lonely Sandwich wonders if the "lame" Video app on the iPad is a precursor to it getting an Apple TV app as part of Apple's next gen Apple TV, iTunes.com rollout. Now that would spectacular.