Apple refreshes its Retina MacBook Pro line-up with improved hardware
Apple has today unveiled new units in its MacBook Pro range of Retina laptops. The units sport improved (and newer) Intel Haswell processors, coupled with increased RAM as standard options. 13-inch Pro models come with 8GB of RAM minimum, while the larger 15-inch options pack 16GB. Not only are we looking at increased specifications, but the high-end 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro has also received a price drop, now selling for $2499.
Prices in US dollars are equivalent to what's listed in the above photo for the UK. As one can spot in the screenshot, here are the new model configurations:
Here are the new 13-inch models:
- $1299 – 2.6GHz dual-core i5 processor and 8GB RAM and 128GB of flash storage
- $1499 – 2.6GHz dual-core i5 processor and 8GB RAM and 256GB of flash storage
- $1799 – 2.8GHz dual-core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM and 512GB of flash storage
And for the 15-inch:
- $1999 – 2.2GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 256GB of flash storage
- $2499 – 2.5GHz quad-core i7 processor, 16GB RAM and 512GB of flash storage
If Retina isn't quite up your street yet, the non-Retina MacBook Pro has also received a price cut with the laptop now going for $1099 – the only issue is we've noticed that the components haven't been bumped. Check out the new selection of MacBooks on the Apple Store:
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!