Apple Special Music Event 2010 round-up
Once again Steve Jobs put sneaker to stage and at the Apple Special Music Event 2010 wowed the crowed with new gorgeous new hardware, stunning new software, and... services of a sort. The big stories were iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2, the new iPod touch, iPod nano, and Apple TV, and iTunes 10 with its Ping music social network, and of course, what we didn't get.
- Apple Special Music Event 2010 streaming video
- Apple Special Music Event — Watch along with TiPb! (Live blog)
- Poll: What did you like (or not like) about Apple’s 2010 iTunes/iPod event?
- Apple special music event – what we didn’t get
iOS 4.1 and iOS 4.2
- iOS 4.2 coming soon for iPad… and iPhone
- iOS 4.1 for iPhone, iPod touch next week, iOS 4.2 for iPad in November
- iOS 4.1 to fix proximity sensor, Bluetooth, and iPhone 3G performance bugs
- iOS 4.1 Gold Master now available to developers
- 120,000,000 iOS devices sold, 250,000 apps, 6.5 billion downloads – by the numbers
- Steve Jobs: 230,000 iOS activations a day, not counting upgrades like Google. Google responds.
New iPod touch, iPod nano, Apple TV
- Apple releases new iPod touch, iPod nano commercials
- Apple introduces iPod touch with Retina Display, FaceTime, HD Video
- Apple introduces tiny, iPhone-like multitouch iPod nano
- New Apple TV, 1/4 the size, streaming only, rental only, Netflix, $99
- Apple TV has A4 chip, iOS, so where are the apps, games, a web browser?
- Epic Citadel for iPhone, iPad demo now in App Store
- Steve Jobs: iPod touch more popular than Nintendo DS and Sony PSP combined
iTunes 10 and Ping social music network
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!