Apple's GarageBand comes to iPhone
Launched alongside iPad 2, Apple's multitouch version of GarageBand has just been updated as a universal app -- that's right, it now supports iPhone and iPod touch as well. GarageBand for iOS is a re-imagining of Apple's traditional iLife music recording, mixing, and rendering app for their modern mobile platforms.
Apple's SVP of Marketing, Phil Schiller:
GarageBand on iPad has been a big hit and we think customers will love using it on their iPhone or iPod touch,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. “The innovative Multi-Touch interface combined with Smart Instruments makes it easy to create great sounding music, even if you’ve never studied music or played an instrument before.
Here's the full update list:
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
Get it, plug it in, and tell us how well it works for you on the smaller screen.
Source: App Store Link