This time we're looking at the invisibleSHIELD full body for iPad which offers both top-side glass and bottom-side aluminum film protection. If you worry just as much about scratches on the back of your precious iPad as you do the front, full body is something to consider.
This is how I installed it.
- Clean my iPad screen thoroughly (I use iKlenz)
- Apply the liquid to my fingers
- Peel off the screen film and apply liquid to the back
- Place the skin carefully on my iPad
- Squeegee out excess liquid, carefully blotting to keep it away from water sensors
- Press out any remaining bubbles
- Turn it over
- Repeat the same procedure but the curved back can be tricky so go slowly and restart if you have to.
I use a big squeegee for the initial pass, the supplied smaller one for the details. I also made sure to put my iPad on a non-slip mat first so I don't have to chase it around the table. (Basically what I did for the iPhone screen protector how-to, a little more conservative than Dieter's approach).
We'll be testing the invisibleSHIELD full body for iPad out for durability in the very near future, as well as comparing it some other films on the market. If you have any tips for applying them, or any questions about them, let me know in comments.