AT&T details iPhone 4 launch, subsidies, iPhone 3GS discounts
AT&T is getting into the iPhone 4 fun today by (hopefully!) clarifying where things stand from their pricing and availability point of view. Here's the timeline:
- Monday, June 7 – 16GB 3GS and 32GB 3GS price drop
- Tuesday, June 15 – iPhone 4 and new 3GS 8GB pre-order sales begin
- Thursday, June 24 – iPhone 4 and new 8GB 3GS launch in all 2200+ AT&T stores, eComm (consumer and business)
- Customers who purchased iPhone between May 7th and May 14th will have an extension through Sunday June 14th to receive Price Protection (get credit for price difference).
- Customers who purchased iPhone between May 7th and May 21st will have an extension through June 21st to preorder iPhone 4 in an AT&T store.
- Any existing iPhone customer eligible for an upgrade between today and the end of this year will be eligible for our best pricing for iPhone 4, $199 and $299, with a two year term commitment.
- Customers can verify upgrade eligibility at www.att.com/iphone or by dialing *639#. (ABS customers can dial *639# or visit the Premier site, https://www.wireless.att.com/business/).
- Our upgrade tools already reflects this new timeframe.
So how about it US TiPb faithful, will this help soften the blow of those new tiered, capped data rates?
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!