AT&T is getting into the iPhone 4 fun today by (hopefully!) clarifying where things stand from their pricing and availability point of view. Here's the timeline:
- Monday, June 7 – 16GB 3GS and 32GB 3GS price drop
- Tuesday, June 15 – iPhone 4 and new 3GS 8GB pre-order sales begin
- Thursday, June 24 – iPhone 4 and new 8GB 3GS launch in all 2200+ AT&T stores, eComm (consumer and business)
- Customers who purchased iPhone between May 7th and May 14th will have an extension through Sunday June 14th to receive Price Protection (get credit for price difference).
- Customers who purchased iPhone between May 7th and May 21st will have an extension through June 21st to preorder iPhone 4 in an AT&T store.
- Any existing iPhone customer eligible for an upgrade between today and the end of this year will be eligible for our best pricing for iPhone 4, $199 and $299, with a two year term commitment.
- Customers can verify upgrade eligibility at www.att.com/iphone or by dialing *639#. (ABS customers can dial *639# or visit the Premier site, https://www.wireless.att.com/business/).
- Our upgrade tools already reflects this new timeframe.
So how about it US TiPb faithful, will this help soften the blow of those new tiered, capped data rates?