aTV Flash comes out of beta, version 1.0 now available [video]
Firecore has announced that its aTV Flash (black) software for jailbroken second gen Apple TV’s has finally come out of beta and is now at version 1.0. aTV Flash adds a whole host of additional features to your Apple TV such as a media player that can handle loads of different video formats, a WebKit web browser, Last.fm radio, Weather and RSS feeds.
- The new Media Player included in aTV Flash (black) empowers you to go beyond iTunes and play most popular media formats. This includes formats such as: AVI, FLAC, ISO, M2TS, MKV, MP3, MP4, MPEG, MPG, VOB, WMV and many others.
- Cover art and metadata are downloaded automatically and added to your files with an end result of amazing! If you've already taken the time to add your own metadata you can you can use that too.
- Surf the web with a native web browser that provides a rich web experience on the AppleTV. Included is support for things like HTML5 music and video streaming as well as easy to use bookmarks and history. Navigating the web is easily done with the included AppleTV remote or the free Remote app for the iPhone and iPad.
- Go beyond just listening to music and start truly experiencing it by utilizing the full power of Last.fm. While streaming Last.fm radio (or playing your own music) you'll have access to artist bios, and a seemingly endless amount of artist photos.
- Get quick access to weather and RSS news feeds. Your current weather location will be detected automatically, and other locations can be easily added as well.
aTV Flash version 1.0 is now available to buy and costs $29.95. You will need to have a jailbroken second generation Apple TV to take advantage of it.