Balances is an iPhone app that helps you keep track of the various little debts and credits that you have with your friends. It features a delightfully simply design that makes is super easy and fast to add an entry with a note.
Balances is simply two lists: your current list to debts and credits and a completed list of the debts and credits that have been fulfilled. There are also two giant buttons at the bottom of the screen to add a new entry: the green plus sign is for a credit and the red minus sign is for a debt.
If a debt or credit as been fulfilled, you simply swipe it to the right to check it as completed. Swiping an entry to the left will delete it. But be careful, it's deleted for good, so don't do this by accident!
One thing I would love to see added to Balances is a way to view a total debit or credit with individuals. For example, if Rene borrows $5 from me for lunch, then $3 for coffee, but then buys me a $15 movie ticket, I want to be able to easily see that I ultimately owe Rene $7.
- Simple, clean design
- Adding entries is fast and supports notes
- Swipe entries to right to mark as completed, swipe to the left to delete
- Swipe screen to the left to see completed credits and debits and easily move entries from completed list back to main list
- Can't select currency, nor is there support for multiple currencies
- Deleted entries are gone forever -- don't accidentally delete one!
- Would love to see a total tally for each perosn
The bottom line
Balances is a fantastic app for keeping track of IOU's. Never again forget that Bill owes you for picking up his lunch or that you owe Sally for buying you that gourmet coffee drink. Balances will help you keep all the debts and credits in check.
- $1.99 - Download now