Barnes & Noble introduces BN eReader for iPad
The iPad eBooks war just got a bit more interesting with Barnes & Noble releasing their BN eReader for iPad into the App Store today. With the following features we are curious to see what adjustments Apple makes to iBooks, and Amazon with the Kindle in the near future.
- Exclusive LendMe technology that lets you share eBooks with friends using any of our free BN eReader apps or NOOK eBook readers
- LendMe allows you to grab friends’ addresses right from your existing iPad contacts
- Free safe and secure library keeps your eBooks accessible for years and years to come
- Ready to read in your library:
- Ten free samples of current best sellers (with new accounts)
- Three free classics
- Free samples of any eBook
- Adjustable font size so you can make the text as big as you want for reading ( 10 different sizes)
- Multiple font types—so you pick the typeface you prefer
- Background and text color options for easy reading in any light
- Use our professionally designed themes or create your own
- Tap or swipe to turn pages
- Browse your library visually with big, beautiful color covers or in iPad style “list view” (like Apple’s Mail app)
- Synchronize your notes, highlights and current reading position with BN eReader for PC (and our forthcoming update to iPhone)
- 24/7 shopping -- no waiting
- Free Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary is built right in so you don’t leave the page when looking up a word
If you have given this a try let us know what you think in the comments below! Should Apple and Amazon be worried?
[iTunes Link - Free]
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!