BBC iPlayer gets better search and improved AirPlay in latest update
The BBC has pushed out an update to their popular iPlayer app for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch this morning that among other things brings improved search and AirPlay functionality. The full changelog:
- Quick one-tap access to your previous searches
- Results grouped by series; easily see how many episodes of a programme are available
- Dedicated search section on iPad with image-led results
- Easy navigation to 'More from this series' and 'You may also like' recommendations on individual programme pages
- Ability to watch downloaded programmes via AirPlay
- See what other BBC applications are available with a link from the ‘More’ section
- Better VoiceOver support added to the Favourites screen prior to favourites being added
- Better VoiceOver support added to the Favourites screen after favourites have been added
In the absence of an iPlayer app for the Apple TV, being able to send content you've downloaded to your TV is the next best thing. The improvements to search are also particularly welcome, since I've always felt that trying to find what you're looking for in the app could be somewhat messy. Grab the update or the full download from the App Store now, and be sure to let me know how you like it.
- Free (Region Restricted) - Download Now
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!