Have more than one email account set up on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad and curious how to change the one you're sending from? It's simple to do if not obvious, but we'll show you how after the break!
Sometimes Mail may use your default email address for a new message and you'd rather use a different one, or sometimes you might be replying to an email and want to change your sent-from address. Here's how to change it:
- Tap on your email address in the From: field
- You'll see more options open up (like cc: and bcc:).
- Tap on your email address again
- A selector will pop up listing all your addresses, with a checkmark next to the one that's currently set.
- Scroll through the selector to find the alternate address you want to send from.
- Tap to set the new address.
- Tap on the Subject: field (or anywhere off the selector) to get back to your mail.
That's it, you're done! If you have any other mail tips, or any questions about this tip, let us know in the comments!
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to [email protected]. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)