Experian and BillGuard have announced today that they are teaming up to combat identity theft and prevent credit card fraud. At Money2020 in Las Vegas, the companies unveiled a comprehensive identity protection suite that combines BillGuard's card fraud monitoring application with Experian's "ProtectMyID."
The joint offering will be available later this year and will allow users to access Experian's "ProtectMyID" from within BillGuard's mobile app. In addition, the companies say users will also have access to the follow features within the BillGuard app:
- Card Fraud Monitoring and Alerts - Unlimited credit card, debit card, ATM and bank accounts monitored 24/7 for suspicious activity.
- Card Location Alerts - Alerts cardholders when their credit or debit card is used at a store or ATM away from them, using geolocation data from their mobile phone.
- Data Breach Monitoring and Alerts - Alerts cardholders when they've shopped at a merchant during a breach period, helping them immediately monitor their cards for fraud.
- Spend Tracking and Analytics - Helps consumers stay on top of exactly where their money is going with individual analytics and quick, email-like transaction review.
- Card Concierge - Cardholders can resolve billing inquiries and disputes with merchants directly from within the BillGuard app.
The partnership comes in response to a wave of high-profile data breaches over the last couple of years that have driven banks, retailers, and consumers alike to seek out better identity protection solutions.