Box for iOS has grabbed an update today, bringing the cloud storage app up to version 3.5 with a ton of new features. The big hallmark of this update is Touch ID support, something that we've seen a number of apps taking advantage of now that Apple has opened the feature up in iOS 8. In addition, users will now be able to easily launch Box from their notification center, and Enterprise and Personal Pro users will enjoy automatic photo uploads.
The update also brings the usual bug fixes, along with a few other notable features, the full list of which can be found below:
- Now use Box from your Today view in Notification Center to quickly and easily create Box Notes, view recent documents and more (requires iOS 8)
- Use your fingerprint to unlock the Box app at the touch of the home button with Touch ID (compatible devices only, requires iOS 8)
- Add files and folders to a Favorites list for easy access without having to download any data ahead of time with our new Favorites feature
- In-folder search capabilities
- Box Bookmarks are now accessible
- Support for previewing password protected Office and iWork files
- Automatic photo upload for Personal Pro subscribers and Enterprise users
- Additional stability improvements and bug fixes
Be sure to hit up the link below to check for the update or try the service out for yourself.
- Free - Download