Algebra Touch, by Regular Berry, is an iPhone an di
Have you forgotten most of your algebra? Algebra Touch refreshes your skills using techniques only possible on your iOS device.
- Say you have x + 3 = 5. You can drag the 3 to the other side of the equation.
- Enjoy the wonderful conceptual leaps of algebra, without getting bogged down by the tedium of traditional methods.
- Drag to rearrange, tap to simplify, and draw lines to eliminate identical terms.
- Distribute by sliding terms across the sum, and Factor them back out by dragging them together.
- Easily switch between lessons and randomly-generated practice problems.
- Create your own problems or edit current ones.
- Current material covers: Simplification, Like Terms, Commutativity, Order of Operations, Factorization, Prime Numbers, Elimination, Isolation, Variables, Basic Equations, Distribution, Factoring Out, Substitution, and 'More Advanced' mode.
As a math educator, this app makes me very excited. One of the challenges of teaching algebra is finding effective teaching techniques geared towards visual learners. Algebra Touch is not only a great visual tool, but a very physical and hands-on one.
Algebra Touch is available on the iPhone and iPad for $2.99. Screenshots after the break.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.