Cellar [$2.99 - iTunes link] is a gorgeous app that lets you manage your wine collection on your iPhone or iPod touch, and with version 2.0 just now hitting the App Store, it's pairing some interesting new features:
- Search (based on any data) and sort (type, region, vintage, price, or rating)
- Wishlist and trash (hey, you can't have your wine and drink it too).
- Backups, restores, and merges for added data safety.
- Share bottles via Email (and others ways, not fully supported yet, but tweet-tastic none-the-less).
- A bunch of new bottle styles, labels, and fields like "drink by", and "pairing", and support for blends, name and wine type.
Truth be told, I'm more UI and function geek than wine aficionado, but the team behind Cellar continues to nail both niche and presentation to a degree I want to go buy more vino just to store it on my iPhone. TiPb was able to taste-test Cellar 2.0 for a few days already and it works as good as it looks. Bottles sent to us by email arrived in our cellar perfectly; whole backups were restored flawlessly, and yes we felt sad for those empties we kicked over to the trashy curb.
Cellar comes by way of the same finer-things-in-life folks If you're an iPhone user, wine is your passion, and you just love apps-as-art, check out Cellar 2.0. Then hoist a few bottles and let us know what you think.
Gallery after the break!
[gallery link="file" columns="2"]