RadioShack to sell iPhone 4 starting on launch day

RadioShack's corporate Twitter account has just announced that The Shack will be offering up Apple's latest and greatest device, iPhone 4, on launch day - June 24th.

YES! RadioShack will have #iPhone4 at launch. More info tomorrow.

RadioShack now joins the ranks of Apple, Best Buy, and AT&T stores in selling iPhone 4. Where do you plan on going come June 24th?

Sound off in the comments below!

[Gizmodo]

Jeremy

Community editor. Tech enthusiast. All-around geek.

iAds dev kit is now available

Chaos Rings for iPhone- app review

Damien says:

Apple store! always the apple store!

iBlackdude says:

FIRST !!!!!!!!!!
Oopppsss I forgot ..... Matt: 20-16
since I'm using my iPhone with Tmobile, I need to get one at Full Price. Up to $700 :(

swooshme says:

best buy. got a few gift cards and rewards points to bring down the price.

benjamin says:

Best buy for me. Six months no interest.

The Reptile says:

I really don't care. I'll go where they have the phone, can swipe my credit card and sign me up for the correct plan with no residual difficulties.

Kyle says:

I plan on getting one from The Shack. I traded in my iPhone 3GS 16 GB and got a $210 gift card. That's enough to pay off 99% of the new cost of an iPhone 4

David says:

Can we reserve an iPhone at Best Buy? I did last year, but I haven't heard if we can for the 4.

Martin says:

Radio Shack. Love the trade in program. And I know they will have a accessory credit deal going on like the last time.

sting7k says:

Which ever place has the shortest line. In my city there is Best Buy, 3 AT&T Stores, and 2 Radioshacks within about a 4 miles radius.

Waseem Hammoud says:

Apple Store! Just kidding, can't afford this yet since I'm already on AT&T lol. But if I could, definitely Apple Store.

JF7FSU says:

Will they take trade in on launch day and what about existing customers wanting the upgrade price or two year extension? Anyone know if it a seamless?

brownat89 says:

Apple store for me! They are the only ones who can give me the military discount on the actual phone itself. Plus there's like four within miles from my house and they always seem to be the most efficient and friendly.

Hahahah says:

If i have a iphone 3gs, its still under warrenty. Im sending mine back to apple, getting a refurb, and sellin it new. They are goin on e bay for 4-800 dollars. Ill spend 300 on a new one, so ill b getting paid to upgrade.

MJ says:

Does radioshack make you go thru credit checks and all the other hassles?

MAGNUS says:

I sold my 3GS, w/ a small crack in my screen, for $300. New phone is paid for. Waiting for pre-order date. Sucks I'll be out of the country on the release date but good to know it will be waiting for me when I get home.

(Copy of) Dev says:

Perhaps a silly question, because I have never upgraded my 3G, but, if you buy it at Radio Shack/Best Buy, how do you go about activation and setting up your contract? For that matter, how does it work with an online order? I am slightly leery of the process this time because I want to keep my grandfathered unlimited contract.

Dan says:

just sold my 3gs last weekend for 500 bucks , 16 gb jailbroken / unlocked on 3.1.2 , they still got good resale value on ebay too. Stil have to sell my wifes.

chris says:

@(Copy of) Dev Activation is the same everywhere, even your home, hook it to iTunes and boom. You can have your grandfathered plan, ro the new plans, whatever you want to pick. iTunes will have those options for you.....

chris says:

@Hahahah, yeah except when your try to seel you refurb as new, and the buyer checks the serial # and sees its a refurb, then you've wronged him, and you'll owe him, so in essence you'd be an asshole. Just sellt he phone you have ya dumbass!

Dominick lopes says:

RADIOSHACK!!!! considering I work there lol

benjamin says:

How do I check trade in value for the shack? Can I do it on their website?

cwilliams706 says:

Since I work for RadioShack, it's only natural for me to use my upgrade and get the iPhone 4. I might just get the 32GB version since I have a gift card too! Product trade-ins are accepted at any time, just make sure you bring in all OEM accessories with the device.

Glenn#IM says:

@Diminick, do you get an employee discount? That would be nice. My wish QVC 4 easy pays. That would be nicer. They sell the iPod touch 3rd gen.

Dominick lopes says:

nope no employee discount on the phone. only accessories. and no the only way to check about the trade in program is to actually bring the stuff to the store. and u can only trade in 3 devices a day

benjamin says:

Trade in are robbery. I checked the site on my tp2 and they will only give me 98 bucks back. Its basically brand new since I just got it. (Last phone was stolen asurion gave me a new one) maybe my brother will buy it from me since he wants one. I have my tp2 running adroid also.

kaelendra says:

if you're getting it as a early upgrade do you have to go to your carrier? like call them or their website? or can you go into any store still?

Limegrntaln says:

How much credit do you get with a 32gb 3G[S]?

Sean says:

So wait, can you preorder online or not?

upnorth067 says:

Will be selling JB 3G with 3.1.2/5.11.07 firmware on ebay. Then buying 32GB at Best Buy using pay in full within 18 month.
By then I'll be ready to swing around and start the process again to purchase the iPhone 5 or 6 or whatever it'll be calling in 2 yrs.

Dan says:

going on what lime asked ,
this is my first att upgrade , nevermind iphone. If you go to a store like bestbuy or radioshack , do they do the upgrades for att? I have one due for full discount and another for early upgrade. They should know this right?

benjamin says:

I know best buy does do upgrades. They called me two weeks ago saying I could upgrade with them already although att says not till next month. I guess they have a different upgrade deal.

TumnusMr says:

Can't we just preorder upgrades online via AT&T or Apple, thus avoiding queueing and potentially being disappointed if they run out and still get it delivered on launch day?
I will be holding on to my 3G as a backup for a while and may sell it on ebay as I imagine I can get more for it on ebay (even after the iP4 release) than as a trade in.

Dominick lopes says:

you get like $250 for the iPhone 3gs depending on the condition

miked says:

Pre-order to Apple store!

HungWell says:

Which store is going to open earliest on the 24th? I have a flight to catch at noon and need to get the phone home, charged and synced.

Art VanBurenBoy says:

PreOrder at Apple Store. Works perfect.

Hahahah says:

Lol. Mine is already refurbished. No matter what serial they check, its gonna start with a 5. Same thing i did with my 16gb 3g, just put refurb in description. It is arguable though as the only thing refurbed on the phone is the board and everything attached to it. The face, back, buttons are all new. In my experience, refurbes have are better quality than new phones. Either way. I always describe my items on ebay and y im selln it. Lol.

Hahahah says:

I do it every year to get the new phones, hasn failed me yet

Mr.MeWantsMac says:

Getting mine on RadioShack, they are accepting pre-orders on the 15th, is a dissapointment that AT&T isn't accepting pre-orders.

Ex j a p resident says:

How much for a contract-less, officially unlocked iPhone 4?

GadgetMomma says:

A couple questions for those that are experts in such matters. :)
I want to pre-order. I am not eligible for the full upgrade, but I am eligible for the "discounted" price, which I guess means I don't have to pay the fullretail price, but I won't be getting the cheapest price, either. Which is honestly ok wih me, I just want the phone!! So my first question is, if I pre-order with Apple, are the able to give the "discounted" price, or is it only AT&T that will do that?
My second question. I'm leaving for vacation on the 23rd, but I desperately want the phone for vacation. The first city I'm gouge to has an Apple Store. Can I select to pick it up there? Because I will just go there that morning and get it, but I just didn't know if i could randomly pick what store I wanted to pick it up in.
Which briNgs me to question three. I know that no matter where I am, there will be a crowd. If you have pre-ordered, do you have to wait in the massive crowd, or do you get to go to the front of the line, or even a separate line?
That's all for now! Thanks for the help!

jay0heavenly says:

Sold my 3G 16gb already on ebay for $425, I'm preordering mine to be shipped to me at work. Who here thinks I'll be able to concentrate AT ALL that day? Me neither :D

chris says:

A little off topic but does anyone currently have an iPhone and live in new orleans??? I want the new iPhone but always hear how ATT sucks and wanted to know if they are good in the N.O.

dark evo says:

It's still not batter then the evo. It's the same dame phone come on It's a slap in the face stuip iPhone gimps

cwilliams706 says:

RadioShack has never participated in an Apple iPhone pre-order before, but if it's anything like the HTC EVO 4G pre-order then each customer will get a assigned a time to come in and receive their phone before the store even opens for normal business hours.

durr says:

@ dark evo
Great job on the typing there!

shopping says:

I am now not certain where you're getting your info, however great topic. I must spend a while finding out much more or working out more. Thank you for wonderful information I was looking for this info for my mission.