How to set up your free Find my iPhone account
Apple has put up a new web page showing how to set up the new free Find my iPhone service. You need an iPhone 4, iPod touch 4, or iPad to set it up, but once you're done you'll be able to use it on any iOS 4.2 device. The steps are simple enough and we'll sum them up after the break!
- Update your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad to iOS 4.2 (coming later today)
- Go into Settings: Mail, Contacts Calendars
- Tap Add Account
- Tap MobileMe
- Enter your Apple ID (iTunes Store ID, Apple Online Store ID, etc.)
- Verify your account via email
- Go back to Settings: Mail, Contacts, Calendars: MobileMe
- Turn on Find my iPhone
- Tap Allow
- Download the Find my iPhone app from the App Store [iTunes link] or go to me.com and give it a try.
When you get 4.2 and are able to set up your free Find my iPhone, let us know how it works for you!