Rage, Rage HD for iPhone and iPad updated with Game Center, gyroscope, 2nd display, more!
John Carmack and id Software's Rage and Rage HD for iPhone and iPad have been updated to version 1.11 and now boast Game Center integration, gyroscope support, and the ability to play via video-out cables on your TV using your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad as a controller. Full list below:
- Game Center Leaderboards – Compare your daily, weekly and all-time scores with friends as well as global leaders.
- Game Center Achievements – More than 50 achievements to unlock. Career, map and difficulty specific challenges!
- Gyroscope Support (iPhone 4 & iPod touch 4) – Hold and move your iPhone in front of you like a virtual window with full gyroscopic aiming control.
- Museum Mode – Explore the levels at your own pace, eerily void of any mutants. Take-in a taste of the spectacular RAGE universe, powered by id Tech megatexturing technology
- 2nd Display Support – Play on a TV or Monitor using your iDevice as a controller. Output 480p over the official Apple Component cable & 720p over the official Apple VGA cable.
- Mirror Mode – mirrored levels flips the world for a new shooting experience.
- Language Localization - now in French, Italian, German & Spanish.
As before, Rage (standard) is better for iPhone 3GS, iPod touch 3, and older devices. Rage HD shines on iPhone 4 Retina Display and iPad. Have you tried out the video-out mode yet? If so, let me know what you think of the controls, same as a console or is multitouch no replacement for an Xbox or PS3 controller?
[Rage - $0.99 - iTunes link]
[Rage HD - $1.99 - iTunes link]
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!