ZAGG's ZAGGmate keyboard case for iPad - TiPb at CES 2011

ZAGG's ZAGGmate is an aircraft-grade aluminum case for iPad... that also happens to convert to a full-on Bluetooth keyboard. It looks great -- executive even -- but for $99 it also provides road-warrier level text entry on top of protection.

Check out our video live from [CES 2011]( and let us know -- if you had any worries about iPad as a content creation, typing champion, would a case like this change your mind?

[ZAGG]

ZAGG's ZAGGmate keyboard case for iPad - TiPb at CES 2011

Monsoon introduces Volkano Flow, Volkano blast to shift your TV to iPhone, iPad - TiPb at CES 2011

TiPb Picks of the Week

Paul Abke says:

Tried it. Keyboard is just too small for me. Still waiting for a shell that holds the Apple Bluetooth keyboard and the iPad for when I travel.

arthur says:

Here's a good review that convinced a friend of mine to buy a ZAGGmate:

Daniel Pinho says:

Wow, very very nice. Great job, Rene.

Tone says:

That things looks great, will Be looking for this when iPad2 comes out and hope it wks with it or that they have a new 1 ready for the iPad2... Will be buying 1...

jimmers says:

They are available at BestBuy. I tried one but the keyboard is just too small, making the keys smaller and cramped together that I was constantly making typos. I returned it. It's an excellent idea though. Maybe they should reorganize the placement of some of the special keys (volume, etc.) so they don't effect the size of the basic keys.

Alex says:

Question for anyone who may own this case or has used one. Does the ipad snap into this thing with the screen facing outward? There are times when I don't need to use the keyboard and would hate to have that thing laying around instead of being snapped onto the iPad.

Paul Abke says:

@Alex. Bummer, but no, the iPad dies not attach with the screen facing out. On top of the cramped keyboard this was another deal breaker. If it was just a little wider and could hold the iPad both ways they would have a winner. On a positive note, the keyboard is very good, just to narrow-especially if you are used to the Apple Bluetooth keyboard.

Jonathan Litzner says:

I've got one and I do like it. The keyboard may be small but it's the same size as a netbook keyboard. Plus it's a REAL keyboard unlike the other keyboard folio cases. Ive got one of those too. Not only did it start to fall apart after only moderate use. It also doesn't have a shift key on the right side. The Zagg does and no worries about it falling apart. Yes it's too bad it doesn't attach with the screen out. You CAN use the iPad in both landscape or portrait. It makes a good stand too much better than other keyboard cases. And it's definitely a better and more stable stand than apples own (overpriced) iPad case (which I've stopped using too). Oh the Zagg case makes it easy to use the iPad "naked" without the extra weight or cumbersomeness of other cases. That's one of the main reasons I bought it. I guess I like it :)

Doug says:

I got one the day these came out, and I think it's great. Of course, the keyboard is smaller than full-size, but that's a fine compromise. It is great always to have a real keyboard handy, also doubling as a case that adds almost no bulk and also (unlike other keyboard cases) let's you easily use the iPad by itself at any time. Yes, the Apple Bluetooth keyboard is a "better" keybaord in many ways, but the ZAGGmate is a superior device because it doesn't require another case (as it is a case) and also the pop-up stand is quite handy (though multiple angles would have been nice).

Doug says:

Oh, I should add one concern: I assume this will not work with iPad 2 (at least, not as a case, since the fit between the iPad and the ZAGGmate is perfectly snug), so I would consider that when deciding whether to buy.

Jim. C says:

Have one and use it every day. Works great, has a long battery life, and is great for the end of the day when I have to type up reports, detail work done via email, contact clients, etc. This is the tool that finally got me to leave my laptop at home and work exclusively from the iPad. Well worth the money.

ThirstyTech says:

I placed my order and I can't wait. This will be amazing as I take the train an hour each way everyday and this will help me get my work done!!! But I'm still thirsty!! I wish it would allow me to attach with the screen facing up. Also, wouldn't hurt for ZAGG to make an app to run in the background so we could assign hotkeys!!
And this suggestion is way out there... but when engaging in iPad activity, be it work or gaming, and I get a text message on my iPhone 4, it becomes a hassle to reach for my hip holster for my phone... so 1) Why not an attachment that clips to the ZAGG to hold my iPhone or 2) Make a ZAGG app that pairs the iPhone to the iPad so i can respond to text messages or emails thru my iPad!! TT

shariROCKS says:

I just got my case in the mail., I have been eyeballing it for awhile. I actually had Apple's wireless keyboard and kept it a day and took it back. Because I wanted the ease of transportation. This keyboard is like steroids for my iPAD. I am so loving it! It took me less than 5 minutes from ripping it out of box, pairing it, and now have been working on my iPad all night-rather than my iMAC. So, I now see my iPad going from its entertainment purpose to work. I am excited. AND more excited it snaps in place and will still fit nicely in my purse alongside it's litle bro' iPHONE4. I am so hoping the dimensions for the iPAD2 stay the same so I can use it with when it comes out...Or I will just be buying a new one and bestowing my iPAD and the zagg on to a new owner. Can't wait to my next meeting, church and all the other places I use my iPAD to take notes on. TWO THUMBS UP!!

pop up stand says:

Excellent post. I used to be checking constantly this weblog and I am inspired! Extremely helpful info particularly the closing phase :) I maintain such info much. I was seeking this particular information for a very long time. Thanks and best of luck.

ipad says:

A person necessarily help to make significantly posts I would state. This is the first time I frequented your web page and so far? I surprised with the analysis you made to create this particular submit extraordinary. Fantastic job!