Poll: Are you having issues with iOS 4.3.1 untethered jailbreak?

Our newest jailbreak ninja, Cody, recently let you know how to untethered jailbreak iOS 4.3.1 via redsn0w but since then, how has it been? I personally haven't had time to upgrade to iOS 4.3.1 and re-jailbreak. Cody however has voiced that he has had a lot more springboard crashes than he did under the previous iOS 4.2.1 greenpois0n jailbreak.

Most jailbreakers are aware that not all apps are compatible with a new jailbreak, so outside of those causing issues, are any of you experiencing issues? Cody and a couple readers have wrote in to let me know that they've experienced some safe mode crashes and reboots under iOS 4.3.1.

If you have issues, let us know in the the poll and/or in the comments as well as checking out our TiPb jailbreak forums to see what issues other members are experiencing and if they've found any ways around them.

Allyson Kazmucha

Editor for iMore, Potter pundit, and the ninja in your iOS

UPDATED: iPad 2 having problems connecting to Verizon 3G?

iPhone 5 release date, iPhone 4 or 5?, Verizon throttling data, Redsn0W iOS 4.3.1 Jailbreak - From the Forums

Rene Ritchie says:

BiteSMS was a little weird at first, repeating SMS and crashing to safe mode once. I re-installed it and it was fine. I only run BSMS and LockInfo so I don't usually have any problems.

Frederick Aflaro says:

If you install the beta's from the repo released on the forum at bitesms.com it will give better support for 4.3.1.

BLiNK says:

Rene, you should add FullScreen Safari to your list

ThisBrian says:

One bar showing on signal, although signal is fine. Cydia sources getting errors, I think they are in there double and cydia won't let me delete them out of the app. I did mess around in ifile to delete some sources but still having some problems. I do get the normal sources but I have to wait for the error to load everytime I open the app. I also reinstalled Cydia but still having issue.

will says:

how in the hell can you fix the signal issue i have done damn near everything!!! whats good with this!?!?!?!?

iRSX says:

MuscleNerd: The 4.3.1 issues (signal bars, etc) are fixed http://is.gd/OYktXf but need a few days to test all devices + FW (again: not a new unlock!)
Your signal's fine. It's just now showing properly. Ultrasn0w will be released to fix the problem (even if you're not unlocked you will need to use Ultrasn0w to get the bars to show properly)

sn0wcraft says:

My signal bars already show fine on jailbroken 4.3.1

AC says:

Had the same prob, double listing of repos. I did this and it worked
go to /private/var/lib/cydia and delete all the files there. Respring and restart Cydia. works perfect now. I'm not sure but it may be due to my restore of pkgbackup and i told it to merge repo resources from my backup to new.

BrianFlowaz says:

I'm having the same problem and tells me to run the apt-get update but that just results in the same problem .... I've deleted everything in the folder you referenced and resprung cydia and came up as if I had just installed cydia user/hacker/ blah... but then the error followed afterwards ?

BLiNK says:

i can honestly say that my transition to 4.3.1, redsn0w jailbreak and adding all of my favorite JB apps/tweaks has been very pleasant. in fact, i haven't had any springboard crashes and typically those come with the territory in the early stages of a new iOS/jailbreak situation

BLiNK says:

also would like to add, i did restore as new device before the jailbreak.. i think that is key to help avoid potential issues

Ali says:

Well so far its been great! Springboard did crash once and witnessed safemode as well. But its been 48 hours, Batter = Good, overall performance = Improved, hangups = no! All Cydia apps tweaks working = mostly yes! So so far its been great!!!

olly.b says:

the only problem am having is when an update comes for an official app i already brought is brings up my brothers itunes email instead of mine although i on i bought it with my own itunes account.

LozBlanko says:

No problems here except when installing apps that aren't 4.3.1 ready yet.

J says:

Where's GP's jailbreak? Anyone?

manho1dup says:

I jailbroke w/ PwnageTool & no crashes here. I always prefer creating a custom firmware over using redsnow or greenpoison, but that's just my personal pref.

Jn says:

IBooks doesn't sync

petska says:

I did a clean restore prior to my JB w/ redsn0w and everything has been running perfect.

gatorsrule2424 says:

If your on a older baseband like 02.10.04 your signal bars will only display 1 bar no matter what how strong the signal is. Your signal will still be fine it just displays 1 bar. The dev team knows about this issue and will be issuing a update through ultrasnow to fix it.

JuJu says:

Great on my end. Yahoo messenger is now working more consistently. No crashes. Now I get to utilize appleTV to the fullest.

Justin Norton says:

My jailbreak to iOS 4.3.1 on an iPhone 3GS seems to have a lot more lag. I'll tap a button or try to move an icon and it takes an extra second or so to respond. Any ideas why?

robes1 says:

I also did a full factory restore and iTunes 4.3.1 upgrade before jailbreaking. No problems at all. Everything is working flawlessly.

VeganPolice says:

Multiple itunes accounts has problems.
Lets say u download something from account a and b and then there's an uodate,
U need to login with account c. That means rebuying an app.

Raja2837 says:

Springboard was constantly crashing and going into safe mode. Started to delete some cydia apps one by one to determine problem and at first getting rid of Shrink solved the problem but it came back and then getting rid of Mywi solved the problem. Reinstalled both those apps and everything seems to be working fine now except for Appbackup not working at all but i heard the developer is aware of this and working on it.

no jail break until its fixed says:

noticed a huge glitch with the silent switch. seems backwards or sometimes its just work on theiphone4

bergman says:

The simplicity and stability of Greenpoison really raised the bar on untethered JBs. I'm waiting for a different JB to be released.

Turn1 says:

I upgraded my iPad 1 but haven't jailbroken it yet. For some reason I find it is crashing a lot in apps that never crashed previously (ie. App Store, Boxcar). I was just wondering if anyone else is having these issues? iPhone 4 works is on 4.2.1 (greenpoison) and working perfect.

visi says:

Everything fine. Iphone without jailbreak is like a girl without .....

nulabs71 says:

Last night I updated to 4.3.1 and used redsn0w RC 11 to JB my iphone 4. I did not setup as a new phone and thus far have had zero issues. I was surprised by how easy the redsn0w tool was to use compared to greenpois0n. It did take me a couple of tries to get the phone into DFU mode but once I did that everything was a smooth as silk.
Everyone always says to set up the updated phone as a 'new' phone but I never do that and have yet to have any problems because of it. I run BiteSMS, LockInfo, InfiniFolders and SBSettings. No springboard crashes since the JB.
Thanks to the DEV's out there finding these exploits and sharing w/ the rest of us so we can use our phones how we want to use them!! Bravo!

Silentsoul says:

On 3Gs with old bootrom. JB using Redsn0w for 4.3.1. No crashes but MyWi doesn't work anymore and battery life is horrible.

Goldentree says:

Great, except my battery life is now like 50% what it used to be. But this is an Apple issue, not a jailbreak issue.

EagleyeSmith says:

This jailbreak process has been very easy and simple for me. I downloaded the firmware, upgraded, and ran redsn0w w/out any problems. Even getting all the tweaks/packages back has been easy. This jailbreak ranks as one of the tops for me. Went as smooth as butter. And now I have a personal hotspot! Whoo!

Dunpizzle says:

I did a backup while on 4.2.1, then a restore as new into 4.3.1, then followed it up with a restore from backup to load up all my apps, contacts, etc, and then ran redsn0w to jailbreak. Everything went as smooth as I could hope for.
4.3.1 is also running a lot better on my phone. 4.2.1 felt a bit sluggish. Now if only I could figure what's the issue with my Home button not responding. Have to use activator as a workaround

Halim says:

I also had this issue.
A vacuum cleaner into the charge slot seemed to solve this for me!
Dust between the button and it's activator?

Dunpizzle says:

I have a lil keyboard vacuum cleaner for small areas but can't find it right now. I used one of those dust blowers a few weeks ago but no luck.

sn0wcraft says:

The only issues I have been having is quite high battery usage (around 5%) whenever I restart my iPhone 4 and rarely, when I hit the home button nothing happens and when I hit it again the multitasking bar pops up. Tapping the screen and then hitting the home button after this occurs seems to return it to normal functionality. The battery issue also only seems to happen when the instalation of a cydia app requires a restart.

sn0wcraft says:

One other thing I forgot to mention was that even though I enabled it in redsn0w, when I try to use an animated boot logo it does nothing.

carolinamic says:

I did notice that zoom on my camera is not working. The bar will not show up.

Omar says:

The vibrate switch is glitchy. Sometimes it will actually turn the phone to vibrate mode other times it won't. But it will set my phone to ring and vibrate. I have to switch it back and forth a few times and then it'll be working. I have reset it a few times and still have the issue. Any suggestions?

bnet says:

Having the same Vibrate switch issue. I installed redsn0w RC 12 (thank you Dev Team) and it still has the issue. Is this just a glitch and does this affect the arlam function if it does not properly adjust to and from vibrate to ring? Hope not because I use my phone to wake up...I guess I will find out tomorrow morning.

O_Mariscal4 says:

No It shouldn't. It hasn't affected my alarms and I use them everyday.

bnet says:

Great! I was hoping just a glitch in the recognition of the switch. Thank you!

Fire777 says:

i added a microsoft xchange server mail to my iphone email account and after that i was not able to remove it..my phone is getting respringed again and again when i tried to remove this account!...:(.am not facing no other issues!!...

Crunch says:

No issues on my iPhone 4 or iPad (JB via redsn0w rc9). I did have to re-do the jailbreak on my Apple TV 2nd gen., though, because XBMC wouldn't install. A quick restore (to factory settings in iTunes) and another fresh jailbreak with PwnageTool 4.3 and everything's good now.

fhsjaagshs says:

Flawless. I do wish that there was an option in Redsn0w that enables MT Gestures... its a pain to manually edit the plists.

F7 says:

jst instal "Gesture control" from cydia,......u wil get maultitasking gestures and spring board menu.......this s available in modmyi repo......

Claire says:

Everything is great here! I first restored my iPhone as new and applied the latest Redsn0w jailbreak. Then I installed a few JB apps and included my backup ones. Running smoothly so far...

Stephen says:

Installed via Snowbreeze 2.5.1 and unlocked with ultrasnow 1.2.1
At first I had battery issues and after much time sorting through to find the problem it was the app. "find my iphone". Deleted the app and battery is better than ever.
I now experience springboard crash on every reboot or clean bood. Springboard does not crash any other time just on booting. Other than that the jailbreak looks very clean.

Violette Abdou says:

Hi there, I have been pursuing your current weblog for couple of weeks and I uncover it unique. Just how do i subscribe it?