iOS 5 beta 2 gallery

iOS 5 beta 2 gallery

For some strange reason, our tip box is now overflowing with 960x640 screenshots (what, no iPad love?) showing a few changes from today's iOS 5 beta 2 release. Among the more interesting ones:

• Welcome screen now has an info button to give you your UDID number, should you have failed to record it previously (Thanks Apple!)
  • The iCloud icon in settings is no longer purple. Long live brush metal cone fill!
  • Lock screen notifications get a new, single pop up. You can pull down the full list if you like, and if you get multiple notifications, they start to stack again like they did previously.
  • Wi-Fi sync in now working, but you need to be connected to a power source.
  • iCloud has bumped Exchange from the top spot in mail account setup, while MobileMe has been condemned to the bottom.

We'll update as we receive more. Screenshots after the break!

[gallery link="file" columns="2"]

iOS 5.2 beta 2 can be Jailbroken using existing tools

Daily tip: How to use iOS 5 AirPlay mirroring for iPad 2 and Apple TV

munchkinsdad says:

last I knew this was about ios not a s s e s... ;)

Mr. Orange 645 says:

Munchkinsdad...you switched to iPhone, too? Good to see you again!

munchkinsdad says:

hello Mr. Orange 645! yup I switched... and lovin it! RIM coudn't keep up LOL

Mjchez21 says:

Wonder if the Bluetooth issue is fixed, can't answer calls while using headset, just locks up

Lars says:

Yay!!! I'm excited to see that as well... Finally. While the web client is nice now, it will be nice to use the mail app UI.

Barry says:

Can;t seem to get WiFi sync working even with click on enable in iOS and iTunes

TSB3 says:

iPhone 4 GSM:
iOS 4.3.3 666 MB
iOS 5 b1 730 MB
iOS 5 b2 817 MB
dude that thing is getting BIG

JustinTime says:

What happened to my backup..I've backed up my phone many times and its showing the last back up I did was 6/7/11 ..which sucks

Mike2023 says:

Are you backing up to the cloud? If so will no longer backup to your computer.

JustinTime says:

I had originally backed up to iCloud but when I went to restore it said there was no back up, even though I only have 539mb left of my 5gb. So I had to restore iTunes and it said the last back up was done 6/7. I had backed up right before upgrading to 5.2 beta.

Clayton Manzer says:

mine keeps locking up in xcode during the install. goes almost to the end saying "waiting for device", and stays there. left it for 20 min before shutting it off, and restoring in itunes. now im running 4.3. any ideas?

Orfeas8509 says:

mine is doing the same thing... why?!

Clayton Manzer says:

im trying it again. I didnt download and use the new version of xcode. Im hoping thats the problem. I'll update.

Charlie77822 says:

Try this:
Starting point: Frozen XCode and Dead iPhone.
1. option + click the "Restore" button on iTunes. Not XCode.
2. Select iOS 5 Beta 2 ipsw file.
And iTunes will install iOS 5 beta 2 without crashing.

ShinLonelyWolf says:

If you get stock in Xcode. It's because Xcode is leaving the iPhone on DFU so its that's the case just quit Xcode and open iTunes 10.5 beta 2 install from there. Using iTunes.
Ps. Remember to select the firmware you want to install first. Good luck.

Key says:

Wireless my butt. You STILL have to plug it in. What does it matter where

James Walker says:

Really you don't have to have it hook up to anything, just go to settings and hit sync. But if you leave iTunes up over night it'll sync once you plug up to power.

Louis Cameron says:

BGR says the boot logo is animated... can anyone upload a video of it?

DataCentre says:

It is not animated. BGR is mistaken, or fed a load of crap. Maybe it will in the final, but really, is an animated boot logo really necessary? I could live without it.

Flmtester says:

no, i thing Cameron is right, i noticed that although the apple logo is the same, sometimes (i guess this is a beta bug) just before it goes away theres a small animation where light comes out the back of the apple logo which turns black. best way i can describe it. anyways, i admit that is beta 1, will get beta 2 now and ill see if its still there.

Chris says:

if you are an apople fan boy. Yes.

Joel Howard says:

Wireless iTunes Sync is working and really cool. In fact, I didn't even have to do anything on the iPhone or even plug it into a power source for that matter. I was on my computer and my iPhone was across the room and when I opened up iTunes it automatically detected my iPhone and I could sync it and everything

DiamondDNice says:

sprint iphone 5 please please please. that is all.

Keshav Bhat says:

If, IF, Sprint gets an iPhone, then if they sell more than about 50, their network will cripple so badly that they wish they wouldn't have put the iPhone on it.

Kikkkikkkkiik says:

Lol. The iPhone wouldn't touch Sprint. Heard of WiMax?

Lars says:

I wouldn't say it was "no problem"... I've had tons of trouble getting it to work seamlessly with the regular web client on a PC. (i.e. deleting one mail on the PC does not affect the iPhone and vice versa, plus other issues)

DataCentre says:

Bluetooth bug is fixed, but viewing profile on Twitter still crashes. Wallpapers are back too!

DataCentre says:

Anyone know how to get rid of the BIG notify box when the screen is locked? I liked it better in beta 1 when is was just a banner.

DataCentre says:

Actually...it looks like an over-sight from Apple. Comes up as an Alert (minus the buttons) and a Banner.

P75 says:

It's wireless syncing not back ups.

Marc says:

Not sure if this was an option in Beta 1 or even iOS 4.3 but while text messaging, I can swipe down from right above the text message field box towards the bottom of my phone and it will display the whole conversation. Instead of half of the screen convo and the other half keyboard.

Antoine PRL says:

Hi, thank you for the post, I just installed and activated the beta 2 on my iPhone after having registered my UDID on registermybeta:com
They're very fast and friendly, I hope this can help ;)
Cheers !

Kuuma Liima says:

Don't try to touch the bar start the slide from above the screen

Dr. Brad says:

I wish Apple would bring

Dr. Brad says:

Tabs in safari are nice, however I wish They didn't completely get rid of the page thumbnail view. Why not keep the tabs, but put a button in the nab bar so you can zoom out and see all open pages, like before. They put all that work into UI development, which was pretty slick, and then hatchet it? It doesn't have to be Tabs or thumbnails, it can be both! I hope that returns before GM, it was a mistake to hatchet it.

Chris says:

The old way too forever to get back and forth between pages. Tabs are the way to go.

Dr. Brad says:

They can have both. Checkout safari for desktop. They have that grid button that zoomed out and shows you top pages.
I like tabs, but they could have kept the old way as well, if you have 9 pages open and want an expose-like overview of them all.

Chris says:

Thats if you like to have pages reload all the time.

Stephen S. says:

Anyone else notice music and video are separate and no longer "iPod" is this a beta thing?
Also anyone explain what options are in the FaceTime settings.

felface says:

reply i think that its gonna be kept that way i have the beta and i just put it in a folder called iPod i don't really like having it separated but now they're doing it in the iPad aswell not just iTouch

Chris says:

it makes sense that way though

MichelleRo says:

I'd still like to see more text tone options. I don't see why it's such an issue! Otherwise, I love you, iPhone.

Adam says:

Nooooo! I liked the purple iCloud icon :(

felface says:

your meant to swipe down from the status bar not touch it

felface says:

i CAN'T GET THIS S!@£$%^ TO INSTALL IVE TRIED TWICE WITH XCODE AND RENE BTW NOT SAFEST AS ITS FAILED TWICE AND I HAVE LATEST THIS IS BALL-LOCKS!! WHY CAN'T INSTALLING BETA BE EASY!!!!

Charlie77822 says:

I had the same problem but found a solution by using itunes 10.5 to install it instead

Charlie77822 says:

Starting point: Frozen XCode and Dead iPhone.
1. option + click the "Restore" button on iTunes. Not XCode.
2. Select iOS 5 Beta 2 ipsw file.
And iTunes will install iOS 5 beta 2 without crashing.

Hedwig Guerra says:

I just found one I haven't seen elsewhere. If you're in the camera.app, you can swipe left to see the camera roll.

Chris says:

Ther days of the jelly, colorfull icons are over in the apple world

mcnooberson says:

Still no "Reminders" showing up in the notification center. Isn't that supposed to be happening? Or just calendar appointments?

Miguel J. Aguilar says:

the one thing that has been pissing me off, is installing the beta on my ipod touch 3G, and when i add my music all is well, but when i plug it into my earphones or AUX in my car. The bastard restarts and what not. Fix!

Josh the Happy says:

if you want a FREE 15$ ITUNES GIFT CARD follow these directions:
1) install the shopkick app from the app store.
2) after clicking “let’s do it” (haha) click cancel at the top left of your ipod.
3) go to the “me tab at the bottom left of your ipod.
4) click the ” got a promo code? box and on the next screen type in mink8492 ...this works on all ipod touch generations jailbroken or not.

Alkuqo says:

I cannot copy and paste in safari inputs, for example if I want to post a link on FaceBook using safari and I copy the link from a site, I cannot paste it on safari. After pressing down and the magnifying glass comes up, it is supposed to be followed with the copy cut option but it never comes up. Anyone else experiencing this?

Balla Jitendra says:

I dont like iphone........
Becoz I can't use corporate purpose. Wast of time.

Balla Jitendra says:

Wast of time to spent and writing the comment also.