Apple releases iOS 4.3.5 and iOS 4.2.10 security fix for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch

Apple has released iOS 4.3.5 for iPad, iPod touch, and GSM /AT&T iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS, and iOS 4.2.10 for Verizon iPhone, which fixes a security vulnerability with certificate validation.

Impact: An attacker with a privileged network position may capture or modify data in sessions protected by SSL/TLS Description: A certificate chain validation issue existed in the handling of X.509 certificates. An attacker with a privileged network position may capture or modify data in sessions protected by SSL/TLS. Other attacks involving X.509 certificate validation may also be possible. This issue is addressed through improved validation of X.509 certificate chains. CVE-ID

This latest release arrives just 10 days after Apple plugged the jailbreakme PDF exploit with the release of iOS 4.3.4.

Plug into iTunes and check for updates to get it. As always, if you’re Jailbroken already, stay away or you’ll lose your Jailbreak.

[Apple knowledge base article]

chrisoldroyd

UK editor at iMore, mobile technology lover and air conditioning design engineer.

Have Apple's closed apps killed Google's open web?

Angry Birds for iPhone, iPad updated with 15 new levels

Josh Lowe says:

i'm doing it right now. i was on 4.3.3 and i found both redsn0w & jailbreakme to be unstable on my 3GS. might have just been a fluke, but i'm going w/ team pure...just for a while, anyway. ;)

Yi says:

Good for u. Noone cares.

davbak says:

So very frustrating that VZW iPhones are not on 4.3.x and is excluded from the iCloud features that every other current iOS has access to.

Patrick says:

You understand the concept of consequences of actions, right? Buy from a second rate cell company with non-standard tech..then complain about it?

kch50428 says:

That's an utter line of bovine processed feed grains.
You are a troll. And dang if I didn't fall into feeding you.

Lars says:

What cloud features are in 4.3.X??? I'm not aware of any. This is not an 5.X update.

The pSYION says:

There is iCloud on iOS 4.3? :O

trtmazda3 says:

Sticking with my jailbroken 4.3.3 via JailbreakMe. Haven't had one single problem, and I've pretty much got the phone exactly where I always wanted it. Finally.

Guest says:

Boy, I can't wait until I'm on 4.2.838 on Verizon and everybody else is on 5.0!

Bigjohnbutlersp says:

has anyone else had issues loading this on a non jb iPhone 4?? I'm getting a 2002 unknown error

desjones4ever says:

It keeps happening to me as well i dont want to do a restore. Its agitating me!

fastlane says:

Staying with 4.2.1 for now, so I can tether without AT&T busting me (unless people have been lying about that — but I've never received an SMS from them). Haven't yet decided what I'll do when 5.0 comes out... but I sure don't want to remain behind forever.

Hikerinmaine says:

I'm not sure if I should 'upgrade' since the last 'upgrade' sucked so badly. the GPS won't lock anymore, my wifi range has been about cut in half, and this thing locks up more than it ever now. Apple can either get with the program or I'm gone. I have to wonder which monkeys they left at the helm.

Lars says:

Geez, Apple.
Have they ever heard of using Delta updates?
Yes, apparently it will be in iOS 5.0, but I will believe it when I see it in action.

iPhone AT&TFTW says:

Wow u are the one with the small brain because CDMA technology is old and dead. It is unable to to provide the speeds of a gsm company so check ur facts 1st verizon will have to turn to gsm to provide true LTE services so yea. Reading is a skill.

The pSYION says:

Heh, this just highlights that Apple always rush out releases to fix the Jailbreak wholes under the disguise of actual security updates... as a week later and the actually security updates comes :) cheers for the infos!

Randy says:

4.3.5 Can Be pwned into DFU Mode and DownGraded to 4.1.0 to Be Jail Broken Using Red Snow 18

Randy McDonald says:

After Downgrading Use Tiny umbrella Or Recboot to Get out of your 1015 error Which it will always Give you Install Cydia And your Good to Go