Seidio Innocase Active for AT&T iPhone 4 review & giveaway
The Seidio Innocase Active case for the iPhone 4 is a nice choice if you want decent protection but don't want something as bulky as an Otterbox Defender. The case is made up of two separate pieces - a harder outer shell and a rubberized case that goes on first to give the phone a little more protection and padding.
The Innocase Active provides good protection and easy access to all ports. Port accessibility is something I've noticed to be a downfall with cases that provide more protection. Sometimes the ports are harder to access or the buttons are hard to push through a thicker casing. Since the Innocase Active goes on in two pieces, the harder outer shell gives you more protection but only the rubber portion covers all your buttons, making them easy to press which is always an added bonus.
I also didn't feel like the case added a ton of bulk which is a huge issue of mine with cases as heavy as the Otterbox. I love the iPhone 4's smaller form factor and adding a heavy case to it always seemed to ruin that for me. My iPhone is never in my purse but always in my pocket. So a thicker case makes it more of a pain to slide easily into a jean or shirt pocket. I was happy with the thickness of the Innocase Active and thought it provided more than adequate protection without adding tons of bulk.
I also had no issues with any accessories (3rd party or original Apple). All my chargers fit in nicely including my Griffin car charger. I despised the original Apple bumpers because no 3rd party chargers typically fit. You'd have to remove them. You won't need to worry about this with the Innocase Active. All my accessories worked just fine with the exception of the Apple dock. But that's to be expected unless you have a case where the bottom comes off such as the Innocase II line for iPhone 4 which is a great line of cases made by Seidio as well.
- Provides extremely decent protection in a slimmer form factor
- A wide variety of colors to choose from
- Good price for the amount of protection it provides
- All buttons and the volume switch are easy to press/toggle
- All ports are easily accessed without removing the case
- The case is a bit tough to get on at first as aligning the inside rubber case inside the grooves in the outer shell is a bit annoying
- After taking it off and putting it back on several times I found that the inner rubber case started to fray around the edges a bit
We're also going to give one away. If this is a case you think you want, leave a comment letting us know why you want one or your favorite thing about the Seidio Innocase Active. We'll pick one lucky reader and mail you one on us!