Apple releases AirPort Utility, an app to manage your Airport base stations from your iOS device
Apple has released AirPort Utility which is an app designed to let you manage your WiFi network and Airport base stations from your iOS device.
Use AirPort Utility to manage your Wi-Fi network and AirPort base stations, including AirPort Express, AirPort Extreme and Time Capsule – right from your iPad, iPhone or iPod touch. See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network and devices. Change base station and network settings, or manage advanced features such as security modes , wireless channels and more. AirPort Utility works with all Apple 802.11n Wi-Fi base stations.
- See a graphical overview of your Wi-Fi network
- Get information about your connected Wi-Fi devices
- View and change network and Wi-Fi settings
- Restart or restore a base station or update the firmware on a base station when available
- View or update passwords for your network, base stations or disks
- Easily access network information such as IP address, DNS servers and router addresses
- Manage DHCP reservations and port mappings
- View status or error messages for your base stations
AirPort Utility is a free download and is also a universal binary so works great on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Have an app you’d love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we’ll take a look.