Real Racing 2 and Real Racing 2 HD have been updated to support their newly announced feature, Party Play. With Party Play, up to 4 players can play in a split screen on your HD TV. The only catch is that at least one player must be using an iPhone 4S or iPad 2.
Party Play takes AirPlay to the next level of iOS gaming, facilitating wireless local multiplayer for up to 4 players simultaneously in a split screen display output to your HD TV using an iPad 2 or iPhone 4S as the host. Play in the comfort of your own home and experience the joy of championship racing with iOS 5.
Here's a list of all the updated features:
- Wireless TV-out through AirPlay for iPhone 4S. Experience Real Racing 2 streamed to your HD TV in 720p, while your iPhone 4S displays real-time racing telemetry
- Party Play – take advantage of split screen local multiplayer for up to 4 players on your HD TV (iPhone 4S as host), streamed via AirPlay or HDMI connection
- Fresh new main menu scene
- Real-time dynamic shadows and specular lighting on car interiors for iPhone 4S
- Normal mapping applied to car interiors, select car exteriors and driver arms for improved lighting and detail on iPhone 4S
- Enhanced road lighting with normal and specular maps on iPhone 4S, to highlight details that were previously indistinguishable
- Various additional visual upgrades for iPhone 4S
- Memory optimizations to minimize crashes
- Numerous minor improvements and fixes
Real Racing 2 is available on the iPhone for $4.99 and the iPad for $6.99.
Have an app you'd love to see featured on TiPb? Email us at email@example.com, tell us about your app (include an iTunes link), and we'll take a look.