<img src="/sites/imore.com/files/styles/560w560h/public/images/stories/2011/10/iphone-4S-hero.jpg" alt="iPhone 4S review" title=iPhone 4S review" width="560" height="373" class="aligncenter size-medium wp-image-79936" />
Apple's iPhone 4S is now available factory unlocked in the U.S. from Apple.com. Why it took until November when countries like Canada and the UK got unlocked models at launch, who knows? But if you've been waiting to go contract and SIM-lock free, now's your chance! (Reminder: Only the GSM/AT&T version is available unlocked, not the CDMA/Verizon/Sprint version).
Apple has also launched the iPhone 4S in 13 more countries, namely Albania, Armenia, Bulgaria, El Salvador, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Malta, Montenegro, New Zealand, Panama, Poland, Portugal, Romania and South Korea.
If you grabbed a new iPhone 4S today, let us know where and which model you got! And if you need more information to help you decide and get up to speed, check out:
iPhone 4S Features
iPhone 4S Buyers Guide
- Should you get an iPhone 4S?
- Spec Wars: iPhone 4S vs. Samsung Galaxy S II vs. BlackBerry Bold 9900 vs. HTC Titan vs. Pre3
- iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, or iPhone 3GS: Which should you get?
- AT&T vs. Verizon vs. Sprint: Which iPhone 4S should you choose?
- Verizon and Sprint iPhone 4S and the limitations of CDMA
- 16GB, 32GB, or 64GB: Which iPhone 4S capacity should you get?
- Black or white: Which iPhone 4S color should you choose?
- How to sell your old iPhone before upgrading to the iPhone 4S
iPhone 4 Starters Guide
- iPhone 4S glossary
- How to setup your new iPhone 4S
- How to transfer your data over from your old iPhone to your new iPhone 4S
- How to transfer your data over from your old Android, BlackBerry, webOS or Windows Phone to your new iPhone
- iPhone 4S tips and how-tos
- iPhone Live! podcasts (with video!)