Fieldrunners 2 for iPhone hits the App Store
For fans of the original Fieldrunners game, the wait for Fieldrunners 2 likely has felt like an eternity. Now though, that wait is over as Subatomic Studios has released Fieldrunners 2 for iPhone into the iOS App Store. Bringing along the same strategic-action-puzzle-defense gameplay from the first game, Fieldrunners 2 has 20 new levels as well as 20 new weapons to choose from that will help keep you busy trying to defend the world. Other key features of the game include:
- Pint sized invaders seeking revenge!
- Hours of action across a huge world stuffed with levels!
- 20 unique, upgradable weapons for stopping the enemies in style!
- Retina display support makes hyper detailed hand painted artwork shine!
- Air strikes, mines, and powerful items let you attack with the precision of a surgeon!
- Sudden Death, Time Trial, and Puzzle type levels put a fresh spin on tower defense!
- Trenches, bridges, and tunnels make strategic choices more important than ever!
- Customizable loadouts so you can pick the perfect weapons for each battle!
- Revolutionary AI lets the fieldrunners move with stunning realism!
- Elite enemy types bring new challenges to the battlefield!
- A tower that launches bee hives!
Of course, you'll need to develop a strategy in order to stop the invasion but considering you've had years to prepare for this, it shouldn't be all that difficult. We'll be giving Fieldrunners 2 a full review over the next few days but for now, you head on into the iOS App Store and grab the download right now and give it a go for yourself. And by all means, feel free to let us know in the comments what you think of this long-awaited sequel.