Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.1 update
Apple has just released OS X Mountain Lion version 10.8.1, the first point update to their latest generation Mac desktop operating system. Here's what Apple has to say about it:
The OS X Mountain Lion v10.8.1 Update is recommended for all Mountain Lion users and includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.
This update includes general operating system fixes that improve the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:
- Resolve an issue that may cause Migration Assistant to unexpectedly quit
- Improve compatibility when connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server in Mail
- Address an issue playing audio through a Thunderbolt display
- Resolve an issue that could prevent iMessages from being sent
- Address an issue that could cause the system to become unresponsive when using Pinyin input
- Resolve an issue when connecting to SMB servers with long names
- Address a issue that may prevent Safari from launching when using a Proxy Automatic Configuration (PAC) file
- Improve 802.1X authentication with Active Directory credentials
You can grab it from the Mac App Store (MAS) now. Once you're setup, let me know how it works for you. Personally, I'm hoping for just a little bit more battery life love on the Retina MacBook Pro...