How to send a video using iMessage
iMessage works with iPhones, iPads, and Macs to let you easily send videos without paying your carrier for a special messaging plan (data rates will still apply if you aren't on Wi-Fi). iMessage is built right into the same Messages app and Share Sheet that sends SMS and MMS to your non-iPhone using friends, so you don't have to do anything extra to use it. Just pick your video and send!
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone or iPad and find the video you'd like to send.
- Tap on the Share button in the lower left hand corner.
- Now tap on the Message option.
- Find the person you'd like to send it to by typing their name and tapping on them.
- Now tap Send.
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac.
- Find the person you'd like to send a video to and select them.
- Drag the video you'd like to send into the text input area.
- Click on Send.
That's it, your iMessage video is on its way!
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out:
- How to enable and activate (or re-activate) iMessage
- How to add additional email addresses to iMessage
- How to send texts using iMessage
- How to send photos using iMessage
- How to send videos using iMessage
- How to send contact cards using iMessage
- How to send map locations using iMessage
- How to send Voice Memos with iMessage
- How to turn on and off read receipts in iMessage
- How to delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to copy or forward iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to increase privacy with iMessage
- How to report iMessage spam to Apple
- How to block iMessages on the iPhone or iPad
- How to block iMessages on the Mac
- How to disable iMessage on iPhone if you switch to Android