Higher quality pictures of the purported iPhone 5 design

Higher quality pictures of the iPhone 5 design

Remember those iPhone 5 dummies that were floating around Germany and Taiwan last week? Well it looks like they're starting to hit U.S. shores, social networks, and tip boxes.

iMore previously reported that this is indeed the basic design for the new iPhone, though the final design details will no doubt differ (pentalobe screws, properly typeset branding, etc.) But if you're still eager to soak in as much hype as you possibly can before tomorrow's iPhone event, check out the image above and the one below, and let us know your pre-release thoughts.

iPhone 5 only a day away, even Best Buy reportedly getting ready...

Official YouTube app arrives in the App Store, complete with YouTube ads

pduseja says:

I hope it has more fire power than just the catch up feature. Avoidthecarrot.com

Maru_The_Cat says:

wow, this is more leaks than the iPhone 4

siddo_d says:

It doesn't hold the sophisicated design of the 4 and 4S, I need to see it for myself. Its nice but I hope the black is one colour not two toned and the screen isn't tall and not wide but slightly taller and a tad wider
We just have to wait and see tomorrow!

kingweb says:

"Sophisticated"?? Are you kidding me?!
The thing is all glass. That is not practical. They are too fragile. They are meant for a china cabinet, not every day use. How about a metal or rubberized back, that is MUCH more practical.

barkerja says:

No thanks. If I wanted a rubber back, I'd throw a case on it or buy a prepaid Android phone from Walmart.

wraj says:

Can't you see the build quality sucks, Clearly its a fake chinese phone.
For instance check the camera lens its not aligned to the ccd. Sides have paint off scratches.
Overall if this is the Iphone 5 build quality... Apple is doomed.

Byzantium says:

Are you kidding me? This is a mockup, not the final phone.

Noel Hibbard says:

And the home button is raised.

west3man says:

The article says these are dummy phones meant for retailers.

taharka says:

Stop asking people to read in a place (the internet) where drive-by posting is the norm.

west3man says:

I didn't. But they should.

Freiteez says:

I have the white 4S. If the pictures are true about the black having black metal around it, I will be going black this year. The white looks pretty ugly, only in comparison to the black with new black metal around it.

grundyman26 says:

Am I the only one who sees the same phone for the third consecutive time in a row ?

Hashtash says:

Yip. This is bigger. Has a different back. A better chipset. A different antenna. A larger screen. Different material. An lte chip. A new battery. So yes. Your the only one.

Hashtash says:

Oops yeah . And a headphone jack in a new place. And a new speaker grill...

Cruise1 says:

Of course it's the same phone for the third consecutive time. They can't change the design because they will be sued for slave copying any other rectangle shaped phone. :-)

usmc says:

Tim Cook said they were going to step it up on secrecy, what has happened? Everything leak looks like.

Macboy74 says:

Thats why this fake mock up has been floating around. Because they have stepped it up big time on secrecy. I mean do you reallt think the new phone will look like this?

SpartyOnDX says:

FAKE! Well at least not totally accurate, maybe a prototype. Why, you ask? Because Apple is not putting Phillips screws on their iPhone!

robertpetry says:

Read the article before posting OK?

goombah88 says:

Maybe you should look on the bottom of your phone. I clearly see 2 phillips screws on the bottom of my black iPhone 4.

Macboy74 says:

Funny cause I see 2 5-Point Pentalobe screws

kilcher says:

Figure that out on your own or did you read the article?

Raptor007 says:

I had hoped for something totally different . . . yet this is still a nice design and the updates are worth buying. I would like to see a comparison against the GS3 to see ho thin they both are.

Mago27 says:

I saw at instagram a photo of THE iPhone5 similar size but full Glass back as 4/4s dock connector is similar but spk holes are much more & smaller & láser drilled, bezel is now white or black

Mago27 says:

Similar size to the fake i5 not the i4, the front oanke seems right

Bhadresh#IM says:

Before it's Official, here we have top 10 Rumors List about iPhone 5 - http://ipad3wiki.com/top-ten-rumours-about-apple-iphone-5/

Keita123 says:

I swore to myself never to fall for anymore iPhone rumor. But I keep falling for it every year. I thought the 4S rumors were bad, this year has to to be the worst.

Tre says:

Clearly a fake (starting with wrong iPhone font!!). Regardless, I refer to this as the iPhone4ss (super-stretched)

west3man says:

The article says it's a dummy phone meant for retailers and that the final product is likely to look very similar, although not identical.

jfusco says:

I was gifted a Zune and always thought the headphone jack on the bottom was a weird design decision. It works great on an armband, though.

jessedholm says:

Hate the back but it will live in a case so I'll deal. Question is, black or white. I always favor the white but the two toned back looks better in black. Again, I have to remember I will only see the front thru the case….Ok White it is! Hurry up release day! I'm so ready!

gammills08 says:

I do like it...just ready to see Tim Cook and everyone else officially announce it so we know everything this includes. I was thinking it would be pretty smart if all of these things were leaked on purpose to show us a completely different phone. Very unlikely but still fun to think about.

west3man says:

I'd love that...until my purchase plans were up-ended due to false info.

hurwitzmm#WN says:

If this is the actual phone, I am not impressed. With the other phones on the marker being slimmer and a more sophisticated shape, I expect more from Apple.

Betoz says:

Wonder if Tim will start the presentation with: "please stop me if you've seen this before"

Dark_Blu says:

Who's going to sue them first for LTE infringement. Wouldn't it be funny if HTC got it import banned before Samsung could? Who's copying who now? LOL!!!

Mago27 says:

Just an speculation dummy.

The Real iPhone 5 was leaked few hours at Instagram, stretched is true, new Connector is Tue, but Backbody NO, the iPhone 5 still use a full glass Back as 4/4S, the new Bezel is on White or Black with a lot of laser drilled holes at bottom for speaker. the full phone has a single solid black or white color, black and white maybe not the only ones, maybe new iPhone will be available on about half dozen of colors (claim of the leak) (only see white/black).

Mago27 says:

and look gorgous, not that shitti two-tones

patton4549 says:

do you have a link to this?

cmac2278 says:

There is no way that the phone in the first picture was made by Apple. Look at the two screws in the bottom. There is paint in the grooves and not of Apple quality.

hh72385 says:

Fyi everyone. Its not gonna be called the iPhone 5. Its gonna be called the new iPhone. Like the new iPad. Check out Forbes

android64 says:

Guess Forbes was wrong lol...

Benz85 says:

This is as fake as the USA government !

CrAcKzZZ says:

I read somewhere that apple files a patent for a new type of screw which would be harder to open by like 3rd part repair shops. So its likely that iPhone 5, new iPod and iPad Mini will all have that new screw used in it.

Macboy74 says:

lololol Yeah no way Apple is going to intro anything close to what you see in that photo. This fake mock up is just a little something to throw people off of what the real phone looks like. Sir Jony Ive can do way way better than this. There is way to much at stake for them to just tweak a design from 2 years ago. Sorry nah

papi_mb says:

These are just marketing/"security" dummies and you are a dummy if you believe they are real.

Apple's bank roll is somewhere in the billions, do you really think that they would not have very tight control on a product that makes them an insane amount of revenue. Let's not be naive people, I would not be surprised if Apple purposely put out those "leaked prototypes" to generate buzz, interest, the "need" for an iPhone and to protect "real leaks".

So tomorrow when the actual iPhone is released, don't be surprised if it looks way different.

Oh and by the way don't be surprised either if you see it on T-Mobile ;). AND YES, you heard it from me first.

Deuces.

CrAcKzZZ says:

Haha nice try, those leaked parts were not fakes. Apple's not smart enough to actually leak fake parts.