Apple.com returning search results for "iPhone 5", including press release URL

Apple.com returning search results for iPhone 5, including press release URL

As of 10am EDT today, searching for "iPhone 5" on Apple.com returned results that could indicate that's the product name Apple is going with for iPhone 5,1, their next generation phone.

• Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too - Movie Trailers ...
  • Reuniting the same charismatic cast and characters from his hit comedy/drama, WHY DID I GET MARRIED, Tyler Perry brings us the next chapter in the lives of eight college friends st...

None of the documents return publicly available pages, however. So, they could be place holders until Apple announces and official name, or they could reflect content Apple has prepared for release later today using the official name. The only thing this proves right now is that Apple's site search is returning results it likely ought'nt be returning.

Update: 9to5Mac has also found search results returning for iTunes 11 and LTE for iPhone. Quick, someone search for the Game of Thrones ending!

Deal of the Day: 35% off the Incipio Premium KICKSTAND Case with Stylus for The New iPad

iMore on ABC15: Apple expected to announce new iPhone 5 Wednesday

gammills08 says:

When trying to click on them of course you get the "page not found" story...lol. I think its links to where there will be info but of course just locked out with the "page not found" until they officially announce it. Nice find Rene.

stephen007 says:

"http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2012/09/12Apple-Introduces-iPhone-5.html"

I can't believe how clever people are, finding this stuff, and still surprised Apple web folks couldn't keep that under wraps until the show. But I know it's got to be hard to keep that much new information (parts, web pages, PR releases, etc.) all a secret.

JAL Payen says:

iTunes 11 would be most welcome, particularly since scrolling the multiple subscreens, both vertically and horizontally, sucks big time. Also, you can't burn more than one CD at a time (i.e., simoultaneously using and OEM's laptop burner and an external burner). Plus, how I wish you could apply many more filters and sub-filters for music search on the iTunes Store. Amazon won't sell digital music outside the US, FR, DE, UK, and few others. This is why the iTunes store still fares so well internationaly, despite iTunes 10's many shortcomings.

A bluetooth Nano would be heaven.

Freiteez says:

Nothing coming back for iPad mini? Too soon? :p can't stand waiting another 2 hours for the event to start and another hour after that for them to actually show the product!

gammills08 says:

i was wondering the same thing. try all different variations of the search. maybe you will get lucky.

PilotPhil81 says:

This announcment has been ruined for me with all the leeks. I am not exited anymore. :(

gregg37 says:

I wasn't aware they made you read them at gunpoint. If you don't want leaks, you don't come to these sites.

PilotPhil81 says:

Thanks for the remark jack ass!

Xm_jdm says:

Dude. STFU. You made the stupid comment and got called out on it. Get over it.

west3man says:

It is a little weird to say that Christmas wasn't as exciting because you'd already snuck a peak all your presents.

mike robin says:

Interesting Article .And i would like to Share an App with you friends .I found an New App while surfing in the internet .Its Awesome .I would like to have .Please check it out this App .

Jenna Jameson says:

@mike. Save your sales pitches for somewhere else, jerk off.

stephen007 says:

Which has zero to do with this conversation. Troll.

dloveprod says:

Pray to the gods this meeting is quick. All I'm gonna be thinking is iPhone 5.

Keldog says:

We already know how Game of Thrones is going to end.. :)

Watcher says:

Apple just can't keep anything under wraps after Steve died. I mean, there were leaks before but they were dealt with extreme predjudice. Now it's like a free for all!

gammills08 says:

that really is true, i remember the leak of the iphone 4, within 24 hours stuff was pulled from the internet and people were being investigated. Makes you wonder if these leaks were planned by apple to blow us away with something completely different then we are expecting. unlikely but if it were......hmmm

ernbrdn says:

Personally I'm more excited for the after event. It's like a yearly ritual to see just how the iPhone didn't live up to all the hype that people had built up for it. I also enjoy reading how it's going to be the biggest flop of all time, and how nobody is going to want to spend money on such a small incremental change. And a few weeks after all that it really cracks me up how each and ever person who claimed they were done with Apple post in the "I've got mine" threads after not only buying the phone they said there weren't going to buy, but also paying full non subsidized price for the product. That's what I'm excited for...

gthugball1n says:

did anyone else see the big 5 as the 12s shadow? i think that was a big clue hahahah

GPAbsinthe says:

Why do I read everywhere that the event is held at 5PM and we'll get news by 9PM on ET???

ejb222 says:

After selling my 3GS, I've been keeping an eye out for something from Apple that would bring me back. But it hasnt happened yet. There just isn't any harware or software that is truely stands out. It looks the same, it acts the same...no major updated software. I'll be watching today, but I really dont see anything leeked that is really spectacular. Am I missing something? What are everyone elses reasons to ditch their 4S for the 5? Bigger screen? I saw the keynote on the Lumia 920...that looks pretty cool. I like the idea of wireless charging and the screen seems to be boasted as better than retina display. And if the camera is as good as the youtube videos I've been seeing...its quite the monster. Your thoughts? (P.S. Siri isn't so hot. I've played with my folks and some of my friends...while I like the humour and personality, she is kinda useless. I hope the upgrade in iOS6 is more than what they claim, because TellMe does most of that already. Anyone try voice assistance on Android? Never tried it)

vellanki says:

pre-orders starts today... bcoz http://store.apple.com/go/iphone they r updating