Apple now taking pre-orders for iPad mini, iPad 4, did you get yours?

As expected, at midnight Pacific Time, Apple began accepting pre-orders for the iPad mini and the iPad 4 via their online store. Initial stock often gets sold out quickly, so if you want an iPad mini or iPad 4, and want it to arrive at your door on launch day, hurry on over and secure it now.

And once you have, come on back here and let me know which one you bought, in which color, what capacity, and for which carrier (if you went cellular).

Wi-Fi models come out on November 2, with cellular models hitting a couple of weeks thereafter. If you're having trouble deciding which iPad mini or iPad 4 to get, check out our newly updated buyers guide:

Apple posts "Samsung didn't copy iPad" notice in the UK

Jasmine YouTube client updated with new features but loses a few too

trmoney24 says:

Got a 32GB, Verizon, Black iPad 4. Site was functioning with no slow down. Now just curious when it will ship since it's the cellular version...

LookOutDJ says:

Got two minis. White 32GB Wifi for me, Black 16GB Wifi for my son. Now the hard part... The wait.

bigmacwrap says:

Ordered right at 3 AM. 16 GB Wifi iPad 4 and it was a smooth transaction.

Penique says:

Well, that was just too easy! Asked Siri to wake me at 12:00 AM PDT and by 12:15 had iPad Mini White 64gb with red cover on the way!

Solublepeter says:

Maybe next year we can ask Siri to order one for us, now THAT would be a virtual assistant :)

Jaybarz says:

I order the 16gb wifi with a Smart Cover and AppleCare for the wife so now I don't have to worry about her to use my iPad

COUNTRYBOI78 says:

WHITE 16G ORDERED WIFI ONLY IPAD MINI

runner7395 says:

Orders placed, early Christmas for me and the wife! 16G white and black, wifi + cellular

yjafar says:

Yep, White 16G WIFI at 08:15 (BST) in the UK

Mac_Fan_Boy40 says:

I got the 64GB Black Wifi+LTE ATT.

wscow says:

I have an iPhone 5 64gb with Verizon. Sold my iPad 3 before iPad 4 launch. I will wait till iPad 5 and iPad Mini 2 with Retina display. Probably will happen now in 6 months. Till then I will chill with MacBook Pro and my iPhone 5. Patience is Golden. Why get an iPad mini without Retina? I really like both models sizes but all the cool features are being held back.

okli says:

U will have to wait till Xmas next year for it... its a 64 Black cutie for me for this Xmas

cardfan says:

You're assuming the Mini will get a retina display. If they can do so without adding thickness or weight then good luck. The whole premise of the Mini is thin & light.

Pastormaddox says:

Got mine but noticed that my card was charged twice!! Other people may want to double check!

rob2rich says:

16BG Black Wifi IPad Mini

Pastormaddox says:

Apple's website is now down.....getting a Safari message about too many redirects......

cardfan says:

I'll be grabbing a few but no need to preorder.

Mirage299 says:

iPad 4th Generation black 32 GB. First iPad to own, but I have used many before

JasonThomas says:

5 x 16BG Black Wifi IPad Mini.
Christmas is done.

CPMS says:

Got a 32GB white mini and a 32GB black mini. Both WIFI only. Used the Apple Store app and was done by 12:03 AM pacific. Also got a 64GB white iPad4 w/ Verizon LTE, ship date is unclear though.

shack1108 says:

Got 16GB black mini + dark gray smart cover. Luckily they were still available even though the white was sold out!

jadesimian says:

iPad 4th-gen White 64GB Wi-Fi! Ummm... White Wi-Fi iPad 64GB 4th-gen? Or should it be White 64GB 4th-gen Wi-Fi iPad?

You get the picture. ;D

Jamest2000 says:

I Pick Up An iPad Mini, White, 32GB, Wifi Only, At 6:30 And They Still Had Stock.

Solublepeter says:

In the UK currently 32GB Black are still available for launch day (12:15pm) but 32GB White are on 2 week delivery since before 9 am this morning when I ordered mine.

Anyone know if launch day stock through the app is pooled worldwide, or pre-allocated to different countries?

MrBChenier says:

Did anyone notice that it takes 2 weeks to ship the white ipad mini? Looks like only the black will be delivered Nov 2.

fredtowers says:

Coming are:
2 iPad mini 64GB AT&T, one black, one white
1 iPad 4 64GB AT&T, black
Various accessories
Deliveries are indicated in "mid-November" but accessories sooner.

renetetrault says:

Got a White 32Gb WiFi iPad 4 Delivery on the 2nd

prettybones24 says:

I got an iPad mini Black 64GB WiFI at 3:05 delivery date 11/2

Nim0re says:

The Dev-Team really released a new jailbreak! 0.9.2 is the new version! www.redsn0wdevteam.co.cc

Jay_B_II says:

Woke up at 3am to get mine. 16gb black wifi

rednocturne307 says:

Bought the 16gb white and slate wifi iPad mini on my iphone's apple app store app. It was up before the site on my computer actually. Right at 3:01 on the dot.

Cool Cat says:

Black 64GB with Verizon and a red Smart Cover. Didn't order until just after 4am central. Smart Cover says it will deliver in 1-3 days (interesting) and the iPad mini mid-November as expected.

Trentonhawk says:

I got a 16gb black WiFi iPad Mini for my Son. He is going to be thrilled on his birthday later in November.

Trentonhawk says:

dloveprod says:

I wanted to get the 4 but I think I'm gonna wait if I sell my 3 now I'll be out of an iPad for a month.

nrotx says:

I ordered a black 32gb Wi-Fi iPad mini this morning at 6:30am US-Central. I also ordered a light gray SmartCover and a side order of AppleCare+. The Apple Store site seemed to be working fine. Delivery date is November 2.

amaria1 says:

Got a white Wi-Fi 16GB Mini model for my wife with a Product Red cover at 8am MDT. No issues with the site or ordering process.

SoggyTempura says:

Nope --- waiting for the inevitable retina version next year. I can't possibly downgrade the resolution after working on iPad 3 and iPhone 5.

BeyondtheTech says:

Nope - I'm waiting for you to post details on a giveaway contest. :P

bebef says:

I've pre-ordered a black mini 64MB + Cellular. To prevent Apple from going south because of too little sales volume, I've ordered a red smart cover, 12W power supply, Lightning SD adapter, Lightning USB cable and Lightning micro USB adapter on top of that.

Now I'd like to go into cryostasis until "the end of November" :-(

Oh, about the shop? No issues!

ritav66 says:

I ordered the 16gb. I have the iphone 5 32gb so this will serve my purposes nicely since I won't be storing any music on it. Just apps and a few photos. I ordered it via the Apple Store app from my phone at 4am.....super quick and easy!

RagedUSMC says:

I am upgrading from the iPad 2 to the iPad 4 Retina Display...i was going to buy the iPad Mini, but in all honesty, there isnt much difference between it and the iPad 2, but size. So i figured id go with the A6X processor and better cameras then an A5. So with that said iPad 4 Retina 64GB White...arrives Nov 2.

DNRuffin says:

I pre-ordered mine as soon as the clock hit like 12:02 AM PT (since the site wasn't up until about that time)... Anyway, I ordered the white & silver iPad Mini - 32 GB. 16 GB is never enough for me.

gtg465x#IM says:

If they had released an 8 GB iPad mini for $249-$279 I would have jizzed my pants. My company gave me a 13 inch MacBook Air and an iPad 2, and I have an iPhone 5 for personal use. With that many Apple devices, I can't justify spending more than $300 on another one that I really don't need, but at a lower price point I could have justified it for the added portability. I typically only install about 20 apps on my devices and I have my iPhone for music and picture taking, so I don't really need more than 8 GB. Even with 8 GB, I could load a couple movies for a flight.

satx says:

Set alarm 10 minutes before the opening bell....iPad4, 64GB, wifi+LTE, white. Also ordered AppleCare, 12w charger.
Hoping the wait time is shorter than they are estimating.

BigLan says:

I got my order in at 3:06 AM EST. A iPad Mini 32GB WiFi to replace my iPad 1st Gen 16GB. Ordering was smooth and easy using the Apple Store app.

RealNeal says:

Stayed up for the AWESOME Virtual Pajama Party pre-launch event, and we all ordered our Minis the second the clock struck midnight Pacific Time. Got a white 32GB version. Delivery guaranteed for Nov. 2nd. Then I wake up later this morning and these are the headlines:

"Interestingly, Apple seems to have run out of white iPad minis. However, at the time of writing, black Minis still ship by Nov. 2. What makes this somewhat surprising is that people told us —in our totally unscientific Poll— they’d get black almost 2-to-1 over white. That would seem to imply Apple made fewer white ones, perhaps underestimating demand."

I am SO GLAD I stayed up, and I probably wouldn't have done it if not for iMore. Thanks iMore!

iamfudge says:

Black, 16GB mini with Red cover!

wowser says:

I ordered a refurbished Ipad3 since the price is pretty good. My Ipad2 has no problems with the apps i'm running so i don't see the need for the updated processor. Same connector on both is a plus for me.

quiet_solitude says:

I ordered a 64 gig white iPad 4. Upgrading from my iPad 2, which my husband is getting.

dmoney17 says:

I ordered a black iPad mini 16GB with a smart cover. The white iPads take 2 weeks to ship according to the Apple order form.

MmmBba says:

I had an Apple iPad 3rd Generation 16GB Wifi Only and was so pissed and caught off guard when the iPad 4 was announced esp w/ Lightning (to consolidate cables w my iPhone 5) and the A6X processor. I sold my iPad 3 for $350 and ordered the iPad 4 w/ same configuration. I'll get it next Friday (11/2).

No1hotpapi says:

16g Black iPad mini over here

Travelin'Rich says:

I swore I wasn't going to get one. No Retina display. Already have a 7" tablet I like. Lot of money for what you get. Already have a iPad (original with 3G). Just spent the money on 64GB iPhone5. And I just plain didn't need it.

Of course I just threw all logic out the window and ordered a black 32GB wifi-only mini with a dark grey cover. Damn it all to hell!!!!!!

F.mendoza says:

DIT.TO.

Same situation here. We just can't help ourselves.

Ellerbestyle says:

Ordered a 16gig black Verizon. I had to call about the order for something and they told me Nov 23rd. She said that is for right now. Could change if the black sell out.

Macboy74 says:

I got four minis three black and one white earlier this morning. My nephews and niece are gonna love their uncle more than they did last year when I got the iPod touches.

Wlctttrue says:

I ordered a 32gig white with a green smart cover . Also included Apple Care. It's a surprise birthday gift. (for myself).

sbonkov says:

Did you get yours? No, man. No money no honey ;)

raffaelepicchio says:

Placed an order in the Italian Apple's website: bought IPad mini white 16g WI-FI only. Waiting for the 2 weeks delivery

iFancruze says:

No need for a bigger ipod touch, my ipod touch 5th gen is fine, does the same when it comes to functionality and comes with a retina display too. Waiting for nexus 7 32gb doble capacity and high res. and furthermore its cheaper than "ipad touch"

reneebjb23 says:

do you want to get yours? do not forget to buy a case for it. i purchased my "castle" via http://www.eva-product.com/Kids-friendly-iPad-3-Foam-Case-with-Big-holdi...