Letterpress for iPhone and iPad updates with Rematch and more
The highly addicting word game Letterpress by atebits has received an excellent update, today, that address a few of our gripes, the main one being the inability to start a rematch after a game ends. With Letterpress 1.1, now you can!
One of the other biggest additions to Letterpress 1.1 is that now you can send Game Center friend requests directly from the app. There is also an option to turn off the sounds, more words in the dictionary, and better handling of those annoying server errors.
I don't normally include all the release notes when announcing an update to an app, but atebits has made these ones so fun, that I can't help myself. I love it when developers act human and make their notes and descriptions fun.
- Rematch! (requires iOS 6 or newer)
- Option to silence sounds. FYI I worked really hard on those sounds. No, no, go ahead, turn off the sounds if you want.
- Added words to the dictionary (and removed a few goofs).
- Fixed "Tell a Friend" via Facebook. People use Facebook?
- Clearer instructions. Yes, days of the week are proper nouns. No, they are not allowed.
- Handle servers errors a bit better. CROSS YOUR FINGERS THAT'S SOME GNARLY CODE.
- Less bugs! Not that I'm saying there were any bugs before. But there are definitely fewer now.
- Fixed syncing deleted games across devices.
- Tiles are now tappier when you tap tiles fast. Tap tappity tap tap.
- I like cookies.
- Send Game Center friend requests right from the app! Holy moly! So cool! Friend your friends with the friendlier friender!
- In-app purchases are less forgetful.
- Does anybody read these? Helloooooo?
Now wasn't that fun?
So what do you think of the new update? Are you excited for Rematch and in-app Game Center requests? If you don't yet play Letterpress, what are you waiting for? Share your Game Center ID in the comments below and start challenging each other!