T-Mobile once again expands their iPhone friendly network coverage
Continuing their long-running expansion program, T-Mobile has now announced 10 new metro areas that will be making use of the 1900 MHz spectrum they gained from AT&T when their merger failed. Unlike T-Mo's traditional AWS spectrum, that's just the kind of HSPA+ your unlocked iPhone can make good, fast use of. Here's T-Mobile's full list:
Central and Southern Arizona
- Phoenix, including Tempe, Scottsdale, Glendale, Peoria, Paradise Valley, Surprise and Ahwatukee
- Mesa, including Chandler and Gilbert
- Tucson, including South Tucson, Marana, and Vail
San Francisco Bay Area
- Silicon Valley, including Cupertino, Sunnyvale, Mountain View, Santa Clara, San Jose
- San Francisco
Central Valley, California
- Miami, including Coral Gables and Miami Beach
- Fort Lauderdale, including Hollywood
With the new areas accounted for, T-Mobile has now rolled out their 4G HSPA+ network to a total of 15 locations including the previously announced Baltimore, Houston, Kansas City, Las Vegas and Washington D.C. In addition to that, they note network enhancements are also coming to Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, the New York metro area, Philadelphia, San Diego and Seattle.
As expected, their wooing of iPhone owners continues as well with the claim that testing has shown that unlocked iPhone 4S devices running over their 4G HSPA+ network have on average, 70% faster download speeds than iPhone 4S devices on AT&T’s network.
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!