Instagram kills Twitter integration deader

Instagram kills Twitter integration deader

Instagram, the Facebook owned social photo network, that previously cut off support for Twitter's media-rich card feature has now cut off all support for any all forms of embedded images. Twitter confirmed the change in an update to their original post:

Instagram has disabled photo integration with Twitter. As a result, photos are no longer appearing in Tweets or user photo galleries.

While tweeting links to Instagram photos is still possible, you can no longer view the photos on Twitter, as was previously the case.

The result is that Twitter users will no longer have any idea what they're going to see when they tap or click on an Instagram link.

So for Instagram to win, Twitter users have to lose?

No iMore show tonight -- come back Wednesday!

Mildura Police warn drivers against relying on Apple iOS 6 maps

erikbock says:

Time to ditch Instagram

KCMike says:

Never used it. It's the new FaceBook IMO.

9thWonder says:

honestly i enjoy instagram more. I like looking at people's pictures. Facebook on the other hand? well i simply don't want to hear what all these people are doing? I don't even log on cause seeing posts annoys me. Makes me think. Shut up already, nobody gives a damn about that really bad inspirational quote you just put up which is a veiled way of saying, "i hate my boyfriend who dumped me."

applejosh says:

I won't be following those Instagram links. Sad that this kind of junk happens in this age of interconnectedness.

Premium1 says:

Typical anytime Facebook buys something it goes down hill

Stone-D says:

pfft. I stopped using both services ages ago.

KCMike says:

Never used Insta. Stopped using FB in 2008.

Rob Cornelius says:

A couple things. The lack of integration does indeed suck but enough of an interesting and seemingly finite crowd are using Instagram the application, now, that's it's the way to go. I still post pictures through to my blog that will post to twitter. Same with Facebook. Pretty easy to get around, but of course not nearly as much in discretionary posting options. Bring me the new Instagram.

SockRolid says:

Hmm. I knew there was some reason why I never bothered to create an Instagram account.

blackjackjoe says:

The only reason I was using instagram was the ability to post pictures to both twitter and Facebook. Looks like I'll have to find an alternative.

BlvckSovp says:

What's the point? Why should I have to visit the instagram website or launch the app to view a photo?

SciTeach3 says:

Facebook is constantly making really strange business moves. They spend all of this money to buy Instagram and one of the first official things they do with it is make it less accessible and user friendly - it is like cutting off your nose to spite your face. I just started using Instagram and love the connections and pictures I have found and I just hope FB does not do more to ruin its effectiveness.

dsignori says:

So in the 1/2 dozen articles I have read about this, including this one, is there some reason why no one is mentioning that this only affects the OFFICIAL twitter site and clients??

The millions of us that use 3rd party twitter clients aren't affected (at least yet). Is this some deep dark secret or something?

BlackB_G says:

I agree with you mate. I can view all instagram pictures when using SocialScope app easy.. Only the official Twitter app does not show them. Thats on a BlackBerry btw.. Screw instagram. Once twitter pics and frames are sorted they will feel the payback.

Update: just saw that twitter have updated and released their apps with filters now inclusive. Unsurprisingly, instagram have just updated their app too. The battle continues..