How to send photos using iMessage
iMessage lets you easily send photos without paying your carrier for a special messaging plan (data rates will still apply if you aren't on Wi-Fi). iMessage is built right into the same Messages app and Share Sheet that sends SMS and MMS to your non-iPhone using friends, so you don't have to do anything extra to use it. Just pick your photos and send them!
- Launch the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Find the photo you'd like to send to someone and tap on it.
- Now tap on the Share button.
- Select the Message option.
- Now type the name of the person you'd like to send it to and select them.
- Tap Send.
That's all there is to it, your photo is on its way. Alternately, you can tap on more than one photo in order to send more than one at a time.
- Launch the Messages app on your Mac.
- Find the contact you'd like to send an image to.
- Drag the image into the text input area.
- Click on Send.
How to get more help with iMessage
If you're having issues getting iMessage to activate, get more help at the iMore forums, and for more tips, check out:
- How to enable and activate (or re-activate) iMessage
- How to add additional email addresses to iMessage
- How to send texts using iMessage
- How to send photos using iMessage
- How to send videos using iMessage
- How to send contact cards using iMessage
- How to send map locations using iMessage
- How to send Voice Memos with iMessage
- How to turn on and off read receipts in iMessage
- How to delete iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to copy or forward iMessages on iPhone and iPad
- How to increase privacy with iMessage
- How to report iMessage spam to Apple
- How to block iMessages on the iPhone or iPad
- How to block iMessages on the Mac
- How to disable iMessage on iPhone if you switch to Android