Files App is a new iPhone and iPad app by Sonico GmbH that lets you store all your files in one simple place. The interface features folders that are very similar to Apple's home screen, making Files App familiar and intuitive to use.
When you import documents into Files App, you can choose from Photos, Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, or a web URL. You can also choose to "Open In..." from the mail app or connect to your Mac or PC. To connect to your computer, you enter the IP address given by Files App then simply drag files into your browser window.
After you've imported your files, you can group them into folders similar to how you create app folders on your iPhone and iPad's home screen. Unlike Apple's folders, though, there is no limit to the number of items that can be in each one. If you're not a fan of the icon view, you can switch to a more traditional list view that is similar to Rene's concept for a built-in Files.app.
Files App will let you store any types of files, but not all file types can be opened. Files App supports PDF, MS Office, AVI, ZIP, and more more. You can also view photos and videos with the built in viewer and listen to music, complete with playlists, shuffle, artwork, and Airplay.
- Read PDF and Office files
- Lightning fast viewer for Photos & Videos
- Listen to Music, complete with playlists, shuffle, artwork and Airplay
- Drag & drop files from your Mac or PC right into Files App using your default web browser
- Get files from Dropbox, Google Drive or Box
- From AVI to ZIP: Support for many popular file formats
- Organize your files using simple touch gestures
- Can't open RAW photo images
The bottom line
If you're looking for an easy-to-use app that keeps all your files organized and accessible in a single app, Files App is a fantastic choice.
- $0.99 - Download now