Elixr is a social network that helps you find a drink

Elixr is a social network that helps you find a drink

Elixr is a new app and social network for the iPhone that helps you find a good place for a drink. Elixr lets you share your potent potable discoveries with your wider social sphere through pictures and ratings. After signing up, you can import friends into Elixr by either connecting to Facebook or allowing access to your iPhone’s contacts.

Elixr lets you rate the different drinks available at a particular venue. Each drink's rating contributes to the establishment’s overall rating. Other Elixr members will then be able to inspect the list to see what to get when they visit the venue. Elixr will use your location to find nearby bars. If your looking for somewhere new, just open the map to venues rated by fellow Elixr users.

Finally, Elixr allows you to share your posts with friends not only on Elixr itself, but also on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Instagram. For those who love to share and talk about what they’re drinking, Elixr allows you to connect with others who share that passion. It’s available now for free on the App Store, so be sure to give it a try.

Joseph Keller

Joseph Keller is a news reporter for iMore. He's also chilling out and having a sandwich.

Healthy Desserts by Green Kitchen for iPhone and iPad review

Apple releases OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3 update

shinuyuki says:

I do not see this application taking off unless they do something spectacular that Yelp and other similar companies haven't done yet. I'm looking forward to this application doing something different because I live in Vegas (just recently moved here).

wscotchmer says:

I don't think sharing ones drinking habits on social networks is a good idea.

BeyondtheTech says:

Just downloaded the app and it's pretty neat. I agree with Shinuyuki, it's yet another social networking app (which really just links to other social networking apps), and though it's geared toward drinkers and barhoppers, it may end up being a niche product. Again, aesthetically pleasing.

Now, if I could only find a place in New York that makes a good Bloody Caesar like they do in practically any place I went to in Toronto, I'll be a happy camper.

Madhav Pande says:

This is cool I am going to go try it right now!

drkoala says:

Sounds like Kevin Rose's 'Oink', but even more niche. I have a feeling it will share Oink's fate.

rdstryr says:

There seems to be a lot of these single purpose apps coming out in regards to food and drink. Yelp it and find it all in one place instead of 10 different apps. Does sound interesting either way I guess.

asuperstarr says:

I will have to check this out.

samsin92 says:

I'm gonna check it out. Although I doubt if people will use this app that often when other apps are available for searching establishments. If it does take off, it'll make a great app for those who like to hit the bars every other weekend.

eahinrichsen says:

This looks pretty similar to Untappd, although Untappd is exclusively for beer and ciders.

bookimdanno says:

I like these apps that narrow it down to one catagory. And this is one I can definielty use!

Electricoptics2 says: