Little Things Forever for iPhone and iPad review

Little Things Forever for iPhone and iPad review

Little Things Forever is an iPhone and iPad game where you must seek and find little items that are part of an artistic patchwork. As you find items, you collect puzzles pieces to solve the 9 different included puzzles.

Little Things Forever features thousands of little things that make up larger pieces of artwork. The biggest art piece is a star on the menu screen. When you start a game, you zoom into one of the items that makes up the star, which is also made up of hundreds of things.

The first thing you zoom into is a triceratops dinosaur and you are given a list of items you must find. You can zoom in and scroll if you wish and when you find an item, simply tap on it. It will start to sparkle to indicate that you found the right thing. If you're wrong, an X will flash on it.

Once you find all the things on the list, you will earn a puzzle piece then be given another list. Once you've earned all the puzzle pieces for the first puzzle, you get to solve it. You can move both the location and rotation of the pieces. And what are the puzzle pieces made of? You guessed it -- little things! This makes the puzzles a bit of a challenge to solve.

When you solve a puzzle, you unlock one of the things in the star and repeat the process.

One of the great features of Little Things Forever is multiple user support. This is rare to find in iOS games, so it's great to see the ability to have 4 different games saved at once.

The good

• Unique and beautiful
  • Thousands of little things to find
  • Incredible artwork and a beautiful soundtrack
  • Randomly generated lists of things to find
  • 101 puzzle pieces to collect and 9 puzzles to solve
  • Will feature new puzzles delivered in future updates
  • Retina display support
  • Universal for iPhone and iPad

The bad

• Some users complain of crashes, though it's never crashed for me (iPhone 5)

The bottom line

Little Things Forever is a great little game. If you love puzzles and are good at finding things, then you'll love this one.

Leanna Lofte

App and Photography Editor at iMore. Mother, wife, and math instructor. Follow her on Twitter @llofte and send her apps to consider for review at iosapps@imore.com

Apple rolls out fix for password reset security hole, iForgot site back up

Apple adds ‘Offers In-App Purchases’ warning to the iTunes App Store (updated)

vianar says:

Nice app and like that Apple promoted it as the app of the week last week but I would like to see some productivity apps. Can't complain though.

nicholas1313 says:

Sounds like a good game. I am going to download it.:)

zdn1042 says:

Great find! Downloading it right now.

roelsamson20 says:

"Little Things Forever" Great! its now Available, Good For Children! Thanks for Telling Imore!

shinuyuki says:

This is so cool! I've always wanted to try something like this, making bigger art works with smaller artworks. Like hiding images within images. This is such a cool application!

asuperstarr says:

I love the old game, so this should be fun. Well let me go to the App Store now!

Madalin Cirlanaru says:

Love this game, if you know some others please let me know.

Check more of apple and mobile news at www.inewss.com
iPhone 5s home button , vibrate motor and volume buttons leaked on the internet.

adidas26usa says:

I like this game (and the original too). I would add a con though for younger kids to Leanna's review - wish the devs would include a picture of the item you're searching for next to the word. This would make the game easier for kids that aren't yet able to read (which I think is one of their target groups for the app).

lbaxter says:

It reminds me of the ONLY reason I ever liked Highlights Magazine as a kid.

Rossce214 says:

I have enjoyed hidden object games for 10 years. This one is a great one but I do enjoy the others especially the ones by big fish games.

jethr0 says:

I am having a hard time playing this game. Even if I'm using my iPad I find it quite uncomfortable, even more so if you are using a smaller screen. I find Pictureka game much easier than this. But it's free so why grumble much?

chasity finney says:

Does anyone know how to complete the puzzle that has 25 pieces? The pieces and the star underneath is constantly moving so there is no way to solve the puzzle. Anyone have any clues on solving it and making the puzzle pieces still. HELP!!! I have been stuck on this for weeks now and have started new players because I can't get past that puzzle. HELP!!!!! Thanks!!!!!!

pink2 says:

I'm having the same trouble!!

whitewishes says:

You need the get the piece with the goats body in the middle and then work outwards from there

whitewishes says:

Does anyone know when a new update will be released