While iTunes can send media directly from your Mac to your Apple TV, you can also mirror your entire display. It's especially useful for things like family FaceTime and company presentations. What's more, it's easy to do!
How to mirror your Mac display to your TV using AirPlay
- Turn on your TV and your Apple TV.
- Make sure your Apple TV and your Mac are both connected to the same wifi network.
- In the task tray in the upper right corner of your Mac, look for the AirPlay icon.
- Click on the AirPlay icon and you should see your Apple TV available for mirroring. Simply click on it.
The content on your Mac screen will now automatically be shown on your TV screen.
How to get more help with your Apple TV
If you need any additional help or have specific questions check out our Apple TV Forum!
- How to automatically set up your Apple TV using an iPhone or iPad
- How to manually set up your Apple TV using the hardware remote
- How to use VoiceOver on your Apple TV
- How to pair an Apple remote with your Apple TV
- How to use shortcuts on your Apple TV remote
- How to access the chapter menu on the Apple TV
- How to control your Apple TV with the Remote app for iPhone or iPad
- How to pair a Bluetooth keyboard with your Apple TV
- How to hide channels on your Apple TV main menu
- How to AirPlay video from your iPhone or iPad to your Apple TV
- How to use Control Center to AirPlay videos to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your iPhone or iPad screen to your Apple TV
- How to use AirPlay to mirror your Mac screen to your Apple TV
- How to watch iTunes Extras on your Apple TV
- How to use Home Sharing to access your iTunes library on your Apple TV
- How to manually check for software updates on an Apple TV
- How to fix a glitchy Apple TV by restoring it to factory settings
- How to fix a bricked Apple TV by restoring it with iTunes