How to update to iOS 7 using over-the-air (OTA) Software Update on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad
The quickest, easiest way to update to iOS 7 is via the on-device, over-the-air (OTA) Software Update feature in Settings. You need to be on Wi-Fi, be plugged in or have more than half your battery life remaining, and you need sufficient storage space left on your device to download the update, but if all those things are true, you'll be up and running the new version of iOS as fast the internet allows. Here's how:
- Tap on Settings from the Home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now tap on General.
- Towards the top, tap on Software Update.
- Your iPhone or iPad should now check for new software and find that iOS 7 is now available.
- Tap on the Download and Install option towards the bottom. You need to be on WiFi in order to download the update or this option will be greyed out.
- Let your iPhone or iPad download iOS 7. This can take some time depending on your internet connection speed.
- Once the download is done, your iPhone or iPad may prompt you to confirm the update. Tap on Install to do so.
That's it. Your iOS device will reboot, and you'll be running iOS 7!