Don't forget to update your iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c to iOS 7.0.1

As was noted in some of the early iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c reviews, there's a small update to iOS 7 out there specifically for those devices. So, if you've picked up either new iPhone this morning, don't forget to head into the Software Update section in the Settings app, and snag it for yourselves. The update to iOS 7.0.1 is a pretty tiny 17.5MB in size, so it shouldn't take too long to get installed.

On the iPhone 5s, iOS 7.0.1 is known to address a bug with the new Touch ID system, in particular in relation to iTunes purchases. Officially it's labelled as "bug fixes and improvements," though we're not sure at this point what if anything it rectifies on the iPhone 5c.

If you notice anything changes post update, shout out in the comments below!

Richard Devine

Senior Editor at iMore, part time racing driver, full time British guy

The difference between the Space Gray iPhone 5s and the black iPhone 5

Deal of the Day: Incipio DualPro Hard Case for iPhone 5S and iPhone 5

bucwildz says:

It's just for the 5S

Sent from the iMore App

Joe McG says:

In one of the reviews, they mentioned that the 5s would ask for your password even after your figerprint was read successfully. Apple confirmed this was a bug and said it would be fixed with a future software update.

MichiRo says:

Thank goodness it is a bug because I was wondering what the point of the fingerprint option was if someone could just type in a simple pass code and bypass that all together

iTzMaf says:

A friend of mine had some serious overheatin after the updating and now i don't know if i should update or not

John Kerby says:

What about iPhone 5 users can we update

John Kerby says:

I did this update and not I cant get on my iPhone 5 because its telling me to use touch ID withc the iPhone 5 doesn't have

Danielle Bartran says:

I seemed to have everything set up and working...and then after I synced my new 5s with iTunes it advised of the update. Now it appears to be frozen on the terms + conditions, clicking "agree" does nothing, clicking "cancel" does nothing. In my quick google, it seems this was an issue with the original 5 and the Apple servers being bogged down?

Sergio Casillas says:

My 5s did the same thing, but in the the settings page. Had to restart.

ktrazy says:

I got the update for 7.0.1 for my green 5c. As far as I know there hasn't been any difference in functionality.

Adam Morgan says:

Already updates. Awesome UI and flat seems to be good one. I really appreciate the great work by UI designer. I am looking to get upgraded my own web application as like an iOS7.

Regards,
Adam Morgany

Sergio Casillas says:

I updated my 5s. For some reason I noticed that my phone gets warm now with the 7.0.1 update.