This week's episode of John Gruber's The Talk Show podcast, features an interview with Eddy Cue, Apple's SVP of Internet Software and Services, along with SVP of Software Engineering Craig Federighi. Coming in at just under an hour, the interview covers the upcoming additions in iOS 9.3, Apple's public beta program, the design of iTunes, and more.
The podcast reveals some interesting numbers regarding iMessage traffic, iCloud users, and Apple Music subscribers.
- Apple Music now has 11 million subscribers
- There are 750 million transactions per week on the App Store and iTunes Store
- iCloud has 782 million users
- At peak traffic, users are sending 200,000 iMessages per second
- Customers have given feedback on Apple Maps 2.5 million times
- There are one billion active Apple devices
One of the other interesting tidbits from the conversation revealed that Apple is working on a new version of its Remote app. Out in the next few months, the updated app will let you use your iPhone as a trackpad to control your Apple TV.
If you subscribe to The Talk Show, fire up your podcast client of choice and give it a listen. You can also list to the episode at Gruber's site Daring Fireball.
Source: Daring Fireball