Realmac Software — the developer behind apps like Clear and Ember — has launched Typed, a Markdown editor designed for OS X Yosemite. Featuring a minimalistic UI with licensed fonts, a distraction-free writing mode, word and character counts, auto save support and extensive keyboard shortcuts, Typed aims to be the most feature-rich Markdown text editor available for the Mac.
Here's what you'll be getting with Typed:
- Minimal UI
- Stunning typography - Typed features a selection of great typefaces, including the app's signature style that clearly differentiates headers from regular text.
- Responsive layout - Typed scales the size of text to fit your window size.
- Zen Mode - Zen mode takes Full Screen to the next level, with six calming zen soundtracks available to play in the background to aid your focus.
- Live character and word count
- HTML Preview
- Auto Save support
- Full Screen Support
- HTML, RTF and PDF (via print) Export
- Intelligent cursor placement when adding links and formatting content
- Full complement of keyboard shortcuts
When in Zen mode, the text editor automatically enters full-screen mode and starts playing one of the six background tracks. You can choose a track as default from the Zen menu, or switch off the feature altogether.
Typed is available from Realmac Software's website for $19.99 or try it free first for 7 days.
- Typed - $19.99 - Buy Now