Daily tip: how to use Google+ from your iPhone
If you were lucky enough to get a beta invitation for Google+ and have an iPhone, you can already post updates and browse your Google+ streams quickly and easily. In just a few steps you'll be posting updates, checking out your friends' streams, adding them to circles, and more!
As a side note, this tip only works if you already accepted an invitation into the beta, otherwise you won't be able to access Google+.
- First go to www.google.com from Safari on your iPhone and sign into your Google account with your Gmail address.
- Next tap more at the top right and you'll see a few tabs. Tap the Apps tab.
- Click the Google+ app and you'll be taken into the main feed.
- Next, create a bookmark on your home screen. Simply tap the arrow on the bottom of your browser and tap Add to home screen.
- Now all you have to do to access Google+ is to tap that bookmark!
As a side note, if you have to sign in every time, you can remedy that by simply choosing to stay signed into your Google account. If you've been using Google+ let us know what you think. Do you expect more than the web app if and when they release an iPhone app?
Tips of the day will range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you'd like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to firstname.lastname@example.org. (If it's especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we'll even give ya a reward...)
Have something to say about this story? Share your comments below! Need help with something else? Submit your question!