Daily Tip: How to mark multiple emails as read in iOS 5
Have a ton of unreal messages and wondering how to just declare email bankruptcy and mark them all as read? iOS 5 still doesn't give you that magical "mark all" button but it does let you mark multiple messages as read in the Mail app, which can help save a lot of time when you're crunching through emails on-the-go.
- Launch the Mail app
- In the Mail app, tap Edit in the upper-right hand corner.
- A bullet list will appear on the left allowing you to select emails individually.
- Tap each email you would like to mark as read
- Tap Mark in the lower-right hand corner.
- Tap 'Mark as Read' from the menu list.
Now, all of the emails you selected will be marked as read and, if you're using iCloud, Exchange, or IMAP, will reflect as such across all email clients you have connected to your email service. It's as simple as that!
Daily Tips range from beginner-level 101 to advanced-level ninjary. If you already know this tip, keep the link handy as a quick way to help a friend. If you have a tip of your own you’d like to suggest, add them to the comments or send them in to email@example.com. (If it’s especially awesome and previously unknown to us, we’ll even give ya a reward…)