The ESPN Sportscenter app for the iPhone and iPad got a major revamp today, as the cable TV network has updated it with not just a new design but a new name; it's now called just the ESPN app. The new design includes full support for the larger screens for not just the iPad but also for the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus.
Here's the rather entertaining change log for the 4.2 version of the ESPN app:
- NEW: Support for iPad! The app takes advantage of the iPad's gorgeous screen to show you scores and news at the same time. Your favorite teams follow you throughout the app. Simply tap the team icons in the lower right for quick access.
- NEW: The ESPN App now looks beautiful on your iPhone 6 & 6+.
- We pulled a Puff Daddy and changed the name. Say hello to the ESPN App.
- Introducing ESPN Now. Swipe right from the news section to access up to-the-minute ESPN photos, videos and social media content.
- Cricket World Cup support, including video clips and scores.
- Like Lebron, we took some time off in Miami to speed things up and fix nagging bugs.
Of course, you can still customize the ESPN app so you can follow all of the scores and news alerts from your favorite teams.
- Free - Download now